cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working in BASIS.In my system there is a system in which i have a CI and application server.But it was strange for me because today i have seen a system for an ABAP Developer in which there were two application server in which there was no enqueue work process.If there is no Enqueue work process then how they do locking/unlocking mechanism???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In cluster installations, Enqueue server lies with message server. Since CI and DI are not SPOF, so in CI and DI there will be no enqueue server. In MSCS cluster installations, you can see there will be different ERS instance. But if your HA installation is on Unix then Enqueue server will be part of ASCS instance. You can also install ERS instance separately.

In case of normal installations you can find enqueue server with your Central instance.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If you have CI and Application server (Dialog Instance), there should be one more called Message Server which is ASCS instance. The ASCS instance and Enque servers are separate instance which should be on NODE 1 and locks are replicated in Replicated enqeue server which should have installed on Dialog Instance on Node 2

Please refer to the MSCS installation document for more information - http://service.sap.com/instguides

Note 112266 SAP and MS Cluster Server: Frequent questions