Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with EHPinstaller Unable to detect an abap and/or AS Java instance of

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!!!

I have cluster installation(Microsoft)

Central instance and ASCS run on same node.

Central instance have name ClustErpQUA

ASCS have virtual name Alice-qua

When i try to make first step i receive message of error Error with EHPinstaller

Unable to detect an abap and/or AS Java instance on ClustErpQUA

I don't understand why installer uses ClustErpQua name instead virtual name

How can i set virtual name?

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:23 PM [Info ]: 2 request handlers loaded and initialized

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:23 PM [Info ]: Factory manager com.sap.sdt.tools.UtilFactoryManager has been initialized with code WIN and version 0.

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:23 PM [Info ]: Host ClustErpQUA.internal.russ-ergo.com detected on the system

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:23 PM [Info ]: Host alice-qua.ergo-life.russ-ergo.com detected on the system

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:23 PM [Info ]: Host sap-trans.internal.russ-ergo.com detected on the system

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:23 PM [Info ]: Host ClustErpQUA.internal.russ-ergo.com detected on the system

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:23 PM [Info ]: Detected Instance ASCS05 with profile G:\usr\sap\QUA\SYS\profile\QUA_ASCS05_ALICE-QUA and hostname ALICE-QUA.

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:23 PM [Info ]: Service "DSUService" started.

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:43 PM [Info ]: Logging on new client with ID 169.254.1.191:60:1328466570517:0 (Version 1.5.0)

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:53 PM [Info ]: Host ClustErpQUA.internal.russ-ergo.com detected on the system

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:53 PM [Info ]: Host alice-qua.ergo-life.russ-ergo.com detected on the system

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:53 PM [Info ]: Host sap-trans.internal.russ-ergo.com detected on the system

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:53 PM [Info ]: Host ClustErpQUA.internal.russ-ergo.com detected on the system

Feb 5, 2012 9:29:53 PM [Info ]: Detected Instance ASCS05 with profile G:\usr\sap\QUA\SYS\profile\QUA_ASCS05_ALICE-QUA and hostname ALICE-QUA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you start EHP installerwith virtual hostname or CI hostname ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I started it by run

c:\ehpi\startup.bat and

C:\EHPI1\sdt\exe\DSUGUI

At the first step when i was asked connections to the server i taped FQDN virtual name of my ASCS instance.

How i can determine virtual name(i have not find it in documentation)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your ASCS hostname should be Virtual Hostname.

In the EHPI installer, you don't have to provide Virtual Hostname, Hope you have started EHPI installer in CI node and provide "connection to Server " localhost and port as 4241 (which is default) and try again.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for reply

.I made it but i received same error.

CI runs on the cluster node. Ascs instance works on same node with differential name and ip addresses.

Is it correct when ascs instanse run on alice-qua virtual name but error inform about 'could not find instance on clusterpqua(computer name of cluster node)'

Former Member
0 Kudos

CI runs on the cluster node. Ascs instance works on same node with differential name and ip addresses. - Correct

Remove all the old profiles from the profile directory and keep only the active ones - Try again.

Check this Note 1401712 - JSPM/SAPJup/SAPehpi/SUM cannot detect all cluster instances

Refer to the forums also

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1730183

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1650347

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you!

According sap note 1401712 start profule contains paramet Start_Program_<nn>. But is is solution for SCS.

1. Will i have to chang this parmetr?

2. do I need to change these parametrs only for start profile ASCS instans?

3.On what i should replace?

SAPSYSTEMNAME = QUA

SAPGLOBALHOST = alice-qua

SAPSYSTEM = 05

INSTANCE_NAME = ASCS05

DIR_CT_RUN = $(DIR_EXE_ROOT)\$(OS_UNICODE)\NTAMD64

DIR_EXECUTABLE = $(DIR_INSTANCE)\exe

SAPLOCALHOST = alice-qua

DIR_PROFILE = $(DIR_INSTALL)\profile

PF = $(DIRPROFILE)\QUA_ASCS05_ALICE-QUA

#----

1. Copy SAP Executables

#----

CPARG0 = list:$(DIRCT_RUN)/scs.lst

Start_Program_00 = immediate $(DIR_CT_RUN)\sapcpe$(FT_EXE) pf=$(_PF) $(_CPARG0)

#----

1. Start SAP message server

#----

MS = $(DIREXECUTABLE)\msg_server$(FT_EXE)

Start_Program_01 = local $(_MS) pf=$(_PF)

#----

1. Start SAP enqueue server

#----

EN = $(DIREXECUTABLE)\enserver$(FT_EXE)

Start_Program_02 = local $(_EN) pf=$(_PF)

SAPLOCALHOSTFULL = alice-qua

DIR_INSTALL = G:\usr\sap\QUA\SYS

DIR_INSTANCE = G:\usr\sap\QUA\ASCS05

service/hardkillonshutdown = 1

service/norestart = 1

#----

1. Start Utility to control online status of enserver

#----

ENST = $(DIREXECUTABLE)\enstatus.cmd

Start_Program_03 = immediate $(_ENST) $(SAPGLOBALHOST) $(SAPSYSTEM) $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)

#----

1. Fail if enserver was not connectable

#----

ENSTT = $(DIRHOME)\enstatustest.cmd

Start_Program_04 = immediate $(_ENSTT)

Solution for Symptom 3

Start profile of SCS instance contains Start_Program_<nn> statements to start processes msgserveru and enserveru. In case the currently used kernel of the SAP system has release 7.00, the processes msg_server and enserver need to be started instead. Change the start profile and restart the SCS instance as well as SAP start service.

In case of a dual-stack system with an ABAP stack using an ASCII kernel, make sure /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/uc/msg_server as well as /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/uc/enserver is started.

Edited by: Stanislav Drizin on Feb 6, 2012 8:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you for your help.!

There was wrong same parametrs in profile(contains upper case and lower case characters)