cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman_workcenter does not display anything

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am renting Solman 7.1 server and trying to access remotely from home through SAP GUI. When I type the Tcode SOLMAN_WORKCENTER , I get a blank page and after a while it gives out a message mentioned below

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

u2022 The website is encountering problems.

u2022 There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

My Internet connection is fine , I have high speed internet and my SMWORK user roles are Smwork_basic, Smwork_change_man,Smwork_incident_man, smwork- myhome, smwork_Service_dev.

Also I have tried to add the IP address of the Solution manager server under C:\windows\system32\Drives\etc\hosts ....still it is not working ...not able to understand what is the problem. Please help.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

One more thing, the remote conenction you are using need to support local DNS.

For instance if I connect to a customer system remotely with an R/3 service connection I can riun SAPGUI and run ABAP commands, but as soon as I execute a command that is Webdynpro, I will not be able to resolve local names to IP addresses.

I would require an HTTP or WTS connection.

So it could be the remote connection type you are using is not resolving local DNS.

Do you have a VPN tunnel in?

I would suspect it may be the conenction type you are using to remote may not be resolvinmg local names to IP Addresses.

Regards,

Paul

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ensure the Parameter icm/host_name_full is set to the FQDN

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the icn/host_name_full..its is fine. Also I have norton 360 Premier Edition I have stopped the firewall for a while and tired the Solman_workcenter tcode ..still the same , its not working. I have the internet connection from Rogers and its not a private connection.

Edited by: Sanjana007 on Feb 8, 2012 12:27 AM

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You are accessing Solman 7.1 from home.

What software do you use to connect to the corporate network?

Since you are getting to a point you can enter a transaction code "solman_workcenter" you have some type of connection.

Can you resolve local Network names to IP address on your home PC?

ABAP transactions can run on a simple terminal connection, webdynpro applications like Workcenters can't.

To me it sounds like you doo not have the correct connection type. Even the error message you are getting is indicating for the protocol it is expecting, there does not seem to be a connection.

"You are not connected to the Internet.

u2022 The website is encountering problems.

u2022 There might be a typing error in the address."

If you don't get this problem when you are logged on att he office, then, I would say your connection type is wrong.

WTS should work fine if the above is the instance.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjana,

I had this exact situation a few days ago. While you have access to the hostname of the ABAP stack of the Solution Manager host and can access it via SAPGUI you do not have access to the Java stack of the Solution Manager host. This is either caused by a firewall or network routing/dns issue between you and the server. Find out the value of the system parameter SAPLOCALHOST and make sure you can communicate to that hostname on the appropriate port.

Typically I run the command*: telnet hostname -p port

This confirms that the firewall and routing are working.

Ciarán

• Confirm the syntax of the telnet command as I think that one of for Windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

it looks like network/ proxy server settings issue with your browser.

please check/adjust settings and try again.

Regards

Bhanu