cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Adapter Issue in PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've got a mail to Proxy scenario which uses the payload swap bean to get the attachment from the mail and deliver it to aProxy receive channel location.

exception caught during processing mail message[1]; java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.startsWith(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'respline'

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi, I am getting the same error. I am doing a pass through scenario. The channel is not picking up the mail and connection is not getting established. In few of the blogs is suggested to use imaps://hostname:port/Inbox. While using "imaps" protocol, I am getting authentication - invalid credentials. However I am using correct credentials.

Sender Adapter configuration:

Error:

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>exception caught during processing mail message[1]; java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.startsWith(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'respline'

Looks like you have xml tag element respline. This variable gets null value during runtime and so it fails during mapping. check the payload what value comes for that variable and see that matches with your startsWith condition logic. if the field element is option then you might want to write logic as below.

if (string.startsWith("")){

} else{

}

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>respline

do you have any field like that ?

BTW

so your mail does not work right ? in wich step is it failing ?

a) getting the e-mail

b) swamping the payload

you can check that in the adapter monitoring - audit log

maybe the swap bean's parameters are incorrectly specified ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michale

This issue is resolved, Email is https, I have put as IMAPS instead of IMAP. CC started picking up the emails

Thanks

PR