cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catching events from a specific element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

on a dataflow line I can specify select event form source element (it will be just "select") and I can specify event from all elements (it will be "*select"), but how can I specify a select event from a specific table? I have tried:

tablenameselect

tablename.select

tablename@select

\[tablename\]select

\[tablename\].select

\[tablename\]@select

none of the above variants works.

Or maybe you can show me how to solve this problem from another side. How can I trigger some custom action when a row is selected in a table (so I will later specify *customaction in dataflow line)?

Thanks for your answers!

Best Regards,

Artsiom Anichenka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use a custom actions.

Regards

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anja,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

but can you please tell me how can I associate my custom action with the select table event, so it will be fired when some row is selected on the table?

I can add a button to the table and assign my custom action to it, but I want to bypass this additional step of pressing the button.

Best Regards,

Artsiom Anichenka

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to the layout tab and right click at the table. There you can assign the action.

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anja,

we are on VC 7.3

when I right click on the table there is no menu item for Actions

when I right click on the column of the table - there I have an Action menu item and can define a custom action there, but the problem with this setup is that custom action is not triggered when the row is selected (I think it is because it is assigned to column) and it is anly triggered when I press on the cell and than press Enter (like changing value). So it doesn't really fits my requirements.

Please advise if I am doing it the way you meant.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Artsiom Anichenka

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are right, this is only possible for columns. If you need to do an action for the whole table you will need a button.

Maybe you can describe your scenario in detail so we may brainstorm to get a workaround possible for you.

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anja,

the requirements are - when some row is selected on Table1 it should trigger a dataflow from DataShare object to Filter to Table2.

And I just want to improve user experience here trying to skip this additional step of pressing the button.

But seems like it not really possible...

Best Regards,

Artsiom Anichenka

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

so you think of some variation of Bank_get_list example where the first table shows a list of banks and the second one shows the details of each bank selected in the first table? Do you need to send some data between both tables? Maybe simply connect them with an additional data share object (and/or invisible table columns).

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anja,

let me describe it to you on users/roles example

on design board I have:

- Table with with userIDs (DataStore is connected to this table via select event, so currently selected user is always stored)

- DataShare with all the user-role pairs

- out port of DataShare is connected to a Filter (where the filtering is done based on UserID stored in DataStore, described above)

- out port of the Filter is connected to Table where the roles of the selected user need to be displayed

What I need is when the user is selected in the first table, it's roles should be displayed in second table. I can achieve it with adding a button to first table with custom action and than specifing this action on the connection between DataShare and Filter.

It is working fine, but I am wondering is it possible to skip this additional step of pressing the button and display roles right after the user is selected?

Thanks!