cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add DP characteristic to a planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am planning to create a "Consumption group" in DP configuration with DP characteristics Material, Plant and Customer. Which planning are s should I use in this configuration so that I will be able to use all these three DP characteristics?

Configuration path: APO->Supply chain planning->Demand planing ->Basic settings->Consumption-> Maintain consumption group

For example, I tried using Planning area 9ADP01 in configuration of consumption group. Using this planning area, I can see DP characteristics Material (9AMATNR), Plant(9ALOCNO) but no customer. In the list of characteristics that could be added, I do not see customer.

So, my question is if there is any planning area that I can use in the consumption group so that I will be able to assign all these DP characteristics to the consumption group.

If there is no such planning area, can you please let me know the steps to add a DP characteristic to a planning area.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created new MPOS by copying 9ADPBAS.

Then, I went to edit screen by double clicking on newly created MPOS.

I did not see characteristic 0CUSTOMER in 'Copy Fr' area.

Thanks,

Srini

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I can only think of 2 possibilities:

1) You already added the characteristic to the csutom MPOS that you created

2) You are not looking in the right place when you scroll down in the "Copy fr" area.

PS: Is this a new system or a system that is being used for quite some time now?

What is the name of your custom MPOS?

Did you tick any of the boxes like "SNP posssible", etc on the top?

Thanks - Pawan

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have 0CUSTOMER activated in transaction RSD1.

If not, please activate it first.

If they it is not in the system, and you cannot find it in the F4 help, please install them again from the business content in transaction rsa1.

Best Regards,

Ada

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activating characteristic in RSD1 helped.

Thanks all for your help.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs. I did not see characteristic called 0CUSTOMER in Planning object structure 9ADPBAS.

Can you pl let me know if I should copy a different Planning object structure to create a new Planning object structure?

If not, can you please let me know how I can add a characteristic to Planning object structure?

Thanks,

Srini

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

0CUSTOMER is not included in 9ADPBAS. Since you cannot change SAP delivered MPOS, you'll need to create your own MPOS.

First you need to go to /sapapo/msdp_admin, create a new MPOS by copying 9ADPBAS. (Right click MPOS 9ADPBAS and select 'Copy'.) Then you enter edit screen by double clicking your newly created MPOS. In the right 'Copy Fr' area, you'll find 0CUSTOMER. Highlight the 0CUSTOMER's line, then click the 'arrow to the left' between the two areas, to move this characteristic from right area to the left area. When it goes to left, it has been added to your MPOS.

You can also add other standard or customizing characteristics. When you finish, save the MPOS. And the MPOS could be used after you activate it.

Best Regards,

Ada

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

A characteristic called 0CUSTOMER is available. So, you could possibly use this in your custom POS along with the other characteristics that you need. From the field catalog, I think field KUNNR could be used in consumption group.

For consumption group information, if you need help, check out SAP help. I think it's quite simple and will guide you with all steps:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/EN/04/c9c23b95c8466ce10000000a114084/content.htm

Thanks - Pawan

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There's no DP standard planning area provided. You should create your customizing MPOS and Planning area.

The process is in transaction /sapapo/msdp_admin.

You first switch to planning object structures view, and create a new MPOS (by copying MPOS 9ADPBAS).

Then you add characteristic stands for 'Customer' to this MPOS. The added characteristic may be standard or your customizing one.

Then you activate the POS.

Next step would be create a planning area based on your created MPOS, in planning area view in /sapapo/msdp_admin.

And you'll need to activate the planning area too.

I think this is a quite basic operation in DP, so no more explanation here.

Best Regards,

Ada