Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find ECC idoc using PI message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have PI messages. To find respective ECC idoc,

1) i am going inside a message in SXMB_MONI.

2)Going to Call Adapter step.

3)In the SOAPHeader, there is a sub step called "IdocOutbound".

There, i have idoc number.

Further, i am trying to find the same idoc in ECC.

But, i am not able to find the idoc in ECC.

Am i doing something wrong.....?

thx.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

If you are looking at the message going from PI to SAP, then the IDoc number shown in PI wont match the IDoc number in SAP.

If you want to find the IDoc in SAP for a corresponding message in PI. Go to TCode we10 in SAP and here you can search for the IDoc based on the data in any of the segment.

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Use TCODE IDX5 in PI and enter the message ID and you will able to see the corresponding IDOC number in PI. Click on that IDOC number and you will able to find the IDOC corresponding IDOC number from ECC.

former_member189779
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is something different from the question but may be useful in scenarios of finding IDOC. if the message is Stuck in TRFC queue SM58 how do you find which IDOC it belongs to? Refer below.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>There, i have idoc number.

Further, i am trying to find the same idoc in ECC.

IDOC number assigned in PI is not the same as generated in SAP ERP so you will not be able to use it

you can map the PI message into an IDOC control field (like arckey) and this will allow you to search IDOCs in ERP on the basis of SAP PI message id

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx michal,

do we hv a t-code in ECC to enter PI message id & retrieve Idoc.

OR do we need to do manually match ECC msg value to PI msg.

-thx.

Edited by: Santosh sap. on Feb 3, 2012 11:55 PM

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Actually there is one way to undoubtfully match PI message (in sxi_monitor) with ECC IDoc. In sxi_monitor go to Call Adapter -> SOAP Header -> RunTime and get the value of the <SAP:EOReferenceOutbound type="TID"> attribute. This one is called the Transaction ID or TID for short. Make sure to use the EOReference Outbound because there are two more nodes with similar name.

Then go to your ECC system and search the IDoc number in EDIDS table, typing the TID found in XI into EDIDS-TID field. You can also call the INBOUND_IDOCS_FOR_TID function module instead of searching EDIDS. Unfortunately, I'm afraid there is no standard transaction to search IDocs by TID.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot Grzegorz/michal.

I wanna keep this post open for any other suggestions.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business specific content can be searched in we09. I don't think there is any direct transaction to search directly, you may however create your custom one.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use IDX5 tcode in PI

Select the respective message ID and Press SHIFT+F1 you will get two option on the top click on tracking button.

It will show the idoc number of ECC for that respective message id in the same row

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Your response is very helpful one.

Thanks you for sharing this knowledge.

Regards

Anupam