cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert page number on each page for Cross-Tab report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Cross-Tab in the section Report Header via Crystal Reports 11.

Now, I want to created more Cross-Tabs, and each page has one Cross-Tab.

So, I insert Report Headers to contain Cross-Tabs. But, the report only shows the page number at the last page.

How to insert page number on each page?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, the easiest solution is to place the Cross-tab in the Report Footer, Of course, ONLY if the report contains this single object which I'm assuming is not the case.

If you do not wish to place the cros-tab in the Report Footer, here's what you need to do:

1) Create a formula;

whilereadingrecords;
""

2) Create a group on this formula. If the report already contains groups, move this formula to the top of the grouping list. It won't affect the other groups or records in any way.

3) Move the Cross-tab from the Report Header to the Group Header1 and suppress Group Footer1

4) Add the Page Number field to the Page Footer

Let me know how this goes!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abhilash

I will try your steps next Monday.

Good weekend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

I tried the way of putting the Cross-Tab in the report footer. It worked. Thank you.

I also tried the 2nd way you suggested: using formula and group. It worked generally, but the last page was blank, e.g.: I created 3 cross-tabs, each one occupied one page with page # 1, 2, and 3; however, page 4 that I did not want was generated and it was blank.

How to remove the last blank page?

Thank you.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad the workarounds work!

Alright, the blank pages could be because of the un-suppressed sections.

Try suppressing the Group Footer and the Report Footer and make sure you do not leave any space between the cross-tab object and the end-of the section.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

I've tried the steps you provided above, but the page numbering doesn't appear to be working.

Can you help?

Many thanks,

Cal

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Callum,

Please create a new thread for the query you have.

It gets easier that way.

-Abhilash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi holdup,

i am not sure about cr 11, but in cr2008 there's a Horizontal Page Number in the Special Fields.

you can also right click on the existing Page Number field and go to Format > Common > check on Repeat on Horizontal Pages.

cheers,

jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jamie

It seems that CR 11 has the same setting as CR 2008.

I right click on the existing Page Number field and go to Format > Common > check on Repeat on Horizontal Pages.

But, it can not work.

Maybe this problem is caused by the position of the cross-tab.

Thank you, anyway.