cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQ00 Restrict Access By User Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've just created a BOM Overview Report (Query) in SQ00 by using a logical database. I've assigned user's to the User group for the Z_BOM info set to run the report.

In Production client nobody has permissions to run SQ00 at this time. My question is if I put transaction SQ00 or SQ01 in a role and assign to users will they be able to run for any info set, or try and create new queries on thier own in there? I don't want my production floor folks being able to see financial queries.....how do I set this up from a security standpoint...so these users only see the new SQ00 BOM Overview Report? Thanks for your Input!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me tell you a better way of doing this for all users...

Steps:

1. Remove authorizations for tcodes SQ00, SQ01, SQ03, SQVI.

2. If possible remove authorization for SA38, SE38. This is to prevent users by copying the program name from other queries (menu >> system >> status) and executing.

3. Note down the report name for a particular query. In SQ01 you can do this by clicking In background button or following the menu path Query >> More functions >> Display Report name

4. Create a custom authorization object e.g. Y_SHOP_FLOOR in tcode SU21 (similarly for financials etc if you want) and assign it to relevant users.

4. Create a Z or Y transaction code in SE93 (of type report), assign the step 4 custom authorization object to this tcode and enter the report name from step 3.

Edited by: Jeevan Sagar on Feb 5, 2012 1:18 AM

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can add SQ01 or Query Transactions in desired roles. And later on assign SAP User ID to specific User Group.

Based on the assignment of SAP User ID's to specific User Groups, system will allow to access the queries.

Regards,

Anup