Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 Upgrade:Unable to activate the application and BC sets

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed GRC 10 on SAP NW 7.02. Now I am facing problem while activating application and the BC sets. As per the guide ACPCRM10_Install_SP07, below is the procedure to activate the application in specific client:

Procedure
Complete the following steps to activate:
1.Open the SAP Reference IMG in ToolsCustomizingIMGProject Administration (transaction SPRO).
2.Display the SAP Reference IMG.
3.Open SAP BusinessObjects Access Control, Process Control, or Risk Management.
4.Execute Activate Applications in Client.
To activate an application component:
1.Choose the New Entries pushbutton.
2.Select an application component from the dropdown list. Choose GRC-AC, GRC-PC or GRC-RM (choose GRC-AC for Access Control 10.0 only environments).
3.In the Active column, you must specify if the application component is to be activated or not. If you are using more than one component, you must set the indicator for each one

However, when I go to SPRO->SAP Reference IMG , I dont find SAP BusinessObjects access control... element there in. I only find Governance, Risk and Compliance element. Under this I find Access Control as its sub-node and under this I find only these below 2 options:

1. Maintain Plug-In Exits Settings

2. Maintain Plug-In Configuration Settings.

Can any one please guide mein this and tell me how I can activate the GRC 10 application and BC sets there after?

Regards,

Faisal

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Diego,

Thanks for your kind reply.

I dont find Activate Applications in Client option under Governance, Risk and Compliance. I dont understand what I missed.

I have successfully installed GRC 10 component and brought it to the latest SP07.

I only find the options I mentioned above.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

I got your point now. I guess this could be due a problem in the installation of GRCFND_A V1000 or a problem in a client copy. Otherwise, is really weird...

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

It seems like you are trying to activate BC sets in the back end system. Because as per your post you could able to view these 2 options 1. Maintain Plug-In Exits Settings 2. Maintain Plug-In Configuration Settings .(These 2 options u could able to see only in backend sys not in the front end GRC10)

BC sets need to be activated in the system where you have installed GRC10 by executing T-code -SCPR20.

So login to front end GRC10 system and execute SPRO..and get navigated as mentioned in your post

SPRO >GRC >.Genral settings > activate cleint.

Regards,

Ravi Alluri.

GRC Consultant

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am searching for option to activate the GRC 10 application in GRC 10 front end system only. I see only one option in backend system (SAP NW 7.0) and that is:

Maintain Plug-In Configuration Settings

I am not sure what is happening and what is causing this to happen like this.

Regards,

Faisal

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi faisal,

Are you definitely in the GRC system (GRCFND_A installed)? If so, I would check that that component has installed correctly and that the technical post processing has been completed. Then you should see the relevant IMG nodes which everyone else is referring to.

Simon

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am very sure that I am logging into the GRC 10 system and the componenet is successfully installed and as I said, I have successfully brouhgt it to the latest SP07. Had it be a problem, I dont think that I could bring to this level. I am not sure, what exactly is happening.

Any thoughts are welcomed.

Regards,

Faisal

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Faisal,

I must admit, I've not implemented SP07 as yet (it's on the list). it might be that an element of that which generates the IMG nodes has been missed out of the code release. I'd reaise a customer message to that effect to see whether there are any additional nodes or code bases which need to be additionally applied.

Simon

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I appreciate your help.

It noticed by me that in the GRC 10 front end system, the component GRCFND_A_V1000 was not installed!!!

How this was missed I dont know. Inspite of this, other component GRCPINW_V1000_700 was installed.

Now I have figured out and installed the correct component and I can now activate the BC sets

Thanks for your rhelp again

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please maintain which component you want have activate that.

Like Access control or process control or risk management.

It there in SPRO >GRC >.Genral settings > activate cleint.

If you are trying to activate .. BC component

use tcode scpr20

Regards,

Prasant

Edited by: Prasant Ku Paichha on Feb 4, 2012 1:18 AM