cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Sold To>5 Ship To > Multiple Sales Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Currently some of our customers in SAP are configured as such: 5 ship-to customers with 1 sold to customer and 1 sales group .

We would like to change the setting to: 5 ship-to customers with 5 sales groups

And we would like to make sure that past data is also adjusted according to the setting change.

How can I do this?

Cheers~

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In t.code OVX4, maintain the new 5 sales group and in t.code OVXJ assign the sales groups to sales office. Then in the customer master (t.code XD02) ->sales area data ->sales tab, maintain the correct sales group for each ship-to numbers. If you have many customers to update then you can use t.code MASS (object KNA1) to update the field. If you want to update in the open sales order, then also you can use MASS (with object BUS2032).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your prompt response. When the changes are made, would they reflect past data?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

would they reflect past data

It won't reflect in the past data. If you only change the sales group names (without creating new groups) in the existing sales group, then it may reflect in past data.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do the name changing do? Would the past data get updated for sure after that or it may get updated?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain your question clearly a bit more?

I did a testing and the result is, if you change the sales group in the customer master, it did not affect the past sales orders in the system. Is this the answer you are looking for?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you said that "If you only change the sales group names (without creating new groups) in the existing sales group, then it may reflect in past data."

will the data from previous years be updated after we carry out the above step (we need to update all previous data as well)?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it will change in all the past sales orders also. I just did a testing and the system changed in the past documents.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

(t.code XD02) ->sales area data ->sales tab, maintain the correct sales group for each ship-to numbers

When i enter the sold to party then i see the sales tab, but when i enter the ship to party i dont even see the sales tab.I only see shipping billing and parther function. am i missing something?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, got it, it looks sales view not activated for ship-to. My mistake to understand your scenario. In that case you can use user exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK or USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in include MV45AFZZ to change the sales order field value VBAK-VKGRP based on sold-to/ship-to combinations. Discuss with an ABAP'er for proper coding. Sales groups can be read from table TVKGR.

Regards,