cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Task - Data Import Not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having trouble importing data using a scheduled task. I'm trying to import the data from a local directory defined at the C:/ drive root (i.e. C:/TEMP). I was able to import the CSV file manually without any problems, so I don't believe it's a problem with the content of the file. I have also added the following line at the top of the CSV file to identify the object type:

#DataType[masterdata.Contact]

Once I schedule the task, I can see a Pending Daemon Alert in the Background Task Status monitor. The strange thing is that once the scheduled time elapses, I can't see any status of the event. I would expect to see something in "Today's Background Task Status Events" monitor, or even one of the other monitors, but there's nothing. It's like the event was never initiated.

In the NetWeaver logs, I can see that a data import Daemon alert kicks off when the task time arrives (logged as "info" category), but it doesn't provide anything meaningful, and that's the only thing I see.

Would anyone be able to help identify what the problem might be? Does the import directory have to be specified relative to the Sourcing install directory?

Thank you,

Brandon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got this fixed after doing a couple of things:

1) Moved the directory to the same partition as the Sourcing app

2) Changed directory permissions for the "Users" group.

I suspect 1) was the change that did the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Brandon. I was able to resolve a similar issue using the details you provided here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the 2 posts below, this may help troubleshoot your issue:

Also, when the data import task initiates, there is an entry made in the E-Sourcing log files as well. Can you please check that to see if any error is being reported there?

Hope this helps,

Vikram