cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample XML request for Parametric Data Collection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can any one please post a Sample XML request for Parametric Data Collection.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

Nityanand Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can import ProductionServices WSDL in SOAPUI tool and it will create default XML structure that can be used.

Regards,

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Thanx for the reply.

I am using the ProductionService web Service, and the method Im using is LogParametricData(), in that Im getting a huge list of parameters which i dont want to use.So could you plz send me the minimum required fields to LogPearametricData before completing SFC.

Thank you.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Minimum list of fields encompasses ParametricRequest_sync/ParametricRequest/SiteRef/Site and ParametricRequest_sync/ParametricRequest/SfcRef/SFC tags.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this answer Sergiy,

but in 5.2 it was possible to log Parameteric against a resource. Now the same WS responses me sfcRef is missing. Is it still possible in 6.x to log parameteric against a resource.

thanks for any reply.

Regards

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

Logging parametric data against a resource is a quite tricky spot. This feature was originally designed for Rich POD. And as soon as Rich POD has gone from ME 6.0 after re-design of framework, it seems to have been moved to a separate activity DC550. However, the WS implements the interface for DC500 which is a basic data collection for SFC.

So, it does look like a design gap to me and is a good candidate for future enhancements.

For more details on Data Collection in ME 6.0, please cosult this How-To Guide.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In 5.2 the webservice could be used to record resource based data, and is in live productive use.

For this was sent:

<MeasureGroup> 

<MeasureName>

<Actual>

<Resource>

<Site>

and due to a bug

<DcGroupRef>

had to be sent. The DC Group has to exist in ME and should be the same as the measure group.

If this does not work in 6.0, I recommend you open a ticket, since it used to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stuart,

I've tested it and it's not working anymore. Yesterday I sent a ticket to SAP waiting for response.

Thanks

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stuart,

I have dealt with the issue you mentioned as a bug with DcGroupRef. In fact, it is not a bug but a misinterpretation of the WS. Those fields you mentioned are a part of Test Plan measurement collection (MeasureGroup and MeasureName fields in particular). However, if you check the database, Test Plan measurement values are collected to a separate table which is not processed by WS at all, however, the WS pushes the data to the table used by DC500. And within this context, DcGroupRef is the must.

I have rectified such situation at one customer by manually adding the values to the incomplete records. They used to collect the data in such way as of ME 5.0 or even earlier by means of Prod XML.

Implementation of WS in 5.2 and 6.0 are completely different, especially taking into account switching to usage of PAPI.

So, it is not a bug but a feature not implemented yet.

And with that, I'm taking over the ticket.

Regards,

Sergiy