cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.01 upgrade to 7.3 (BW) - Error: Unknown language short name Z2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While upgrading a BW system to NW 7.3, in phase PREP_CONFIGURATION/LANG_SELECT I get the error:

Unknown language short name 'Z2'

and the upgrade cannot continue. The Z2 language is supplemented with English and is working properly in the system.

It is only used so that some BI reports to be presented in that language. It is not a correspodence language. Simulation in transaction i18n reports no errors.

Since no objects are translated in this language, I also thought to remove the language during the upgrade and import it after.

However, even this approach was not possible, since I do not get any screen in the upgrade GUI in order to be able to remove Z2 language. Also searched for Notes and in SDN, but no one seems to have faced such an issue.

The system is a standalone development NW 7.01 SPS 8 in Windows 2008 R2 SP1 with SQL 2008 R2 SP1.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Thank you,

George.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Z2 is a correspondence language (NOT a logon language) and should be setup according to SAP note 302063 only. However it should not be supplemented. How did you manage to supplement this language ?

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can save your translations by adding them in transport request and again import it after upgrade. Please check upgrade guide, it is well defined there what to do in case of customer specific translations/ Z language.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I do not have any translations to save. Nevertheless, I exported the language before starting the upgrade with SMLT_EX.

I get the error and the upgrade stops. I do not get any screen to remove the language.

Regards,

George.