cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-allocated Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The concept of pre-allocated stock is clear including the pre-requisites (flagging the movement type as relevant for pre-allocated stock + maintain pre-allocated stock quantities in transaction LT51).

In my test case, I did the following:

1. I made movement type 101 as relevant for pre-allocated stock

2. In LT51 I put material = M1 with storage type = 911 and bin = TEST and quantity = 10 PC

When I did a GR for 30 PC, the system alerts that there's pre-allocated stock. So, the TO will be split into two items:

- 20 PC from storage type 902 -> 001

- 10 PC from storage type 902 -> 911 (from GR area to GI area)

So far so good. However, I have two questions:

1. How do I now consume the 10 PC on storage type 911? If I do a GI for 10 PC, the system will create a TO from 001->911

2. How do I automate the stock placement TO? It seems that when there's pre-allocated stock, the TO automation will not function.

Regards,

Hani

Edited by: Hani Kobeissi on Feb 3, 2012 2:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The concept of pre-allocated stock is clear including the pre-requisites (flagging the movement type as relevant for pre-allocated stock + maintain pre-allocated stock quantities in transaction LT51).

In my test case, I did the following:

1. I made movement type 101 as relevant for pre-allocated stock

2. In LT51 I put material = M1 with storage type = 911 and bin = TEST and quantity = 10 PC

When I did a GR for 30 PC, the system alerts that there's pre-allocated stock. So, the TO will be split into two items:

- 20 PC from storage type 902 -> 001

- 10 PC from storage type 902 -> 911 (from GR area to GI area)

So far so good. However, I have two questions:

1. How do I now consume the 10 PC on storage type 911? If I do a GI for 10 PC, the system will create a TO from 001->911

2. How do I automate the stock placement TO? It seems that when there's pre-allocated stock, the TO automation will not function.

1)

SAP online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/f83fbe4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Purpose

Preallocated stocks are materials that you urgently need for goods issue but which are not available in the warehouse, for example materials required urgently by production, materials required by the customer, or quantities in backlog. In the Warehouse Management system (WMS), you can flag materials as preallocated stock in the system and forward them directly from the goods receipt interim storage area to the goods issue interim storage area.

As I understand you're saying that the GI will result in a TR. Then you create the TO from the TR and you will have too much goods in the interim storage type (the GI qty + preallocated stock). So, the question is why SAP creates the TR if the preallocated stock is already there.

I don't know the official answer, but it seems it is simply not solved. Maybe the reason is that this situation should be exceptional ("urgently need for goods issue").

Other thing might be that if you urgently need stock for GI, then even if the system creates a TR for the inventory management posting (as per your IM/WM interface settings), you won't be able to create TO from the TR 'cause you don't have sufficient stock (=you cannot move the goods issued quamtity from your normal storage type; if you can then why are you using the preallocated stock scenario?).

2)

Your second question is not clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

You described the issue perfectly, but you didn't provide an answer. I'll be really surprised if SAP doesn't have a solution for this. I'll try to describe the issue in more details and with an example:

Say I have a reservation of 10 pc for a certain material M1. Since I have no stock of this material, then I won't be able to do a GI. Instead, I put in the pre-allocated stock that I need 10 in storage type 916. Then my order for this material arrives with 50 PC. Normally, I've setup the system to automatically create a TO to put the 50 PC in storage type 001. With this pre-allocated stock:

1. THe TO is not automatically created. Why? Can I automate this?

2. The system splits the TO into two items: the first item will put away the 10 PC straight from 902 to 916 and the remaining 40 will be sent to 001 (so far so good except for the automation).

After I confirm the TOs, I'll end up with 10 PC in 916 and 40 PC in 001. However, I haven't done the GI yet. THen, when I do the GI against the reservation, the system will automatically create a TO of 10 PC from 001 to 916 and will decreate the 10 PC from 916. So, I end up with 0 PC in 916 and a new TO. If I confirm this new TO, then I'll end up in 10 PC again in 916 and 30 PC in 001 and my reservation is closed.

The big question is how the hell will I consume these 10 PC that are now on 916? Any other GI will trigger another TO.

Thanks for your help

Hani

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A)

You described the issue perfectly, but you didn't provide an answer. I'll be really surprised if SAP doesn't have a solution for this. I'll try to describe the issue in more details and with an example:

I did answer, here you can find it again:

I don't know the official answer, but it seems it is simply not solved. Maybe the reason is that this situation should be exceptional ("urgently need for goods issue").

Other thing might be that if you urgently need stock for GI, then even if the system creates a TR for the inventory management posting (as per your IM/WM interface settings), you won't be able to create TO from the TR 'cause you don't have sufficient stock (=you cannot move the goods issued quamtity from your normal storage type; if you can then why are you using the preallocated stock scenario?).

B)

Say I have a reservation of 10 pc for a certain material M1. Since I have no stock of this material, then I won't be able to do a GI. Instead, I put in the pre-allocated stock that I need 10 in storage type 916. Then my order for this material arrives with 50 PC. Normally, I've setup the system to automatically create a TO to put the 50 PC in storage type 001. With this pre-allocated stock:

1. THe TO is not automatically created. Why? Can I automate this?

2. The system splits the TO into two items: the first item will put away the 10 PC straight from 902 to 916 and the remaining 40 will be sent to 001 (so far so good except for the automation).

After I confirm the TOs, I'll end up with 10 PC in 916 and 40 PC in 001. However, I haven't done the GI yet. THen, when I do the GI against the reservation, the system will automatically create a TO of 10 PC from 001 to 916 and will decreate the 10 PC from 916. So, I end up with 0 PC in 916 and a new TO. If I confirm this new TO, then I'll end up in 10 PC again in 916 and 30 PC in 001 and my reservation is closed.

The big question is how the hell will I consume these 10 PC that are now on 916? Any other GI will trigger another TO.

1)

If you have no automatic creation of TO for your normal process (902 --> normal storage type), I don't think there will be automatic TO creation for the preallocated stock.

Neither in SAP documentation I can see this functionality for preallocated stock nor I'm aware of any such setting in config. Based on what do you expect it should work this way?.

2)

If you want to GI 10 pcs then the 10 pcs which has been moved from 902 to 916 will be consumed, no need to create a TO to move 10 pcs from your normal storage type to 916.

If the GI creates a TR of 10 pcs to move the goods from 001 to 902 you can "delete" the TR. Other solution is that before confirming the TO you can cancel it using LT15.

If due to your settings you cannot avoid moving the 10 pcs from 001 to 916 then you have to move them back manually (LT01 / LT10).

This is how I see this and I can be easily mistaken. I hope someone from SAP also reads the thread and can provide an official answer.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Feb 8, 2012 7:46 PM