cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle client installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had installed Oracle in my system earlier, but it didnot get installed properly. Then I tried to uninstall it, again I think its not uninstalled properly. When I am trying to check this, I am able to find the following:

1. Oracle folder not present in C:\

2. Oracle folder not present in C:\Program Files

3. Oracle key not present in registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE)

4. No references to Oracle services in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Ora* present

5. There is no OUI present in All Programs

6. Only ORACLE_HOME environment variable is showing path C:\Oracle\Product\10.2.0\db_1\BIN, but when I am browsing MyComputer->C:\->I am not able to find any "Oracle" named folder

Can anybody please suggest whether Oracle client is installed in my system or not. Because when I try to install SAP PI in the system, it throws error at the database creation step.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have already uninstalled Oracle.

Go to registry and delete all occurrence of Oracle.

start->regedit this will take you to windows registry.

Or if you the option you can do a new OS installation.

Referring to the installation guide, you can start a fresh installation.

Regards,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

My problem got resolved by rebooting the server after deleting the ORACLE_HOME entry manually.

Regards

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After making changes in registry entries, make sure to reboot your system.

Regards,

Sonia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lizsach,

For sure your your oracle rdbms is not installed, otherwise you will definately find directories at the location pointed by your ORACLE_HOME.

Best is to follow the same installation guide you are using for PI installation, near the end of the guide you will find the instruction for removing oracle.

As you have not crossed the time taking phase so it is also advisable to clean-up your temporary inst directory and start fresh installation.