cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert mail to non PI users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured alert configuration. Using alert configuration i am sending mails to PI users.But I also want to send alert mails to non PI users.

One approach I am aware of is, I can create distribution list and can create dummy user id of that distribution list in PI sytem.But I donot want to create any dummy user ids beacuse according to my requirements many dummy user id will get created as I have so many alert categories in alert configuration.

.Is there any other alternative which I can follow except creating dummy user ids??

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Danish

One solution for this can be to use any standard user (AAEUSER/PIAFUSER) and edit its user profile with the email-id of distribution list. You can then subscribe to the alerts by logging into RWB using this user.

This approach will not require to create any dummy user.

Sourabh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>One approach I am aware of is, I can create distribution list and can create dummy user id of that distribution list in PI sytem.But I donot want to create any dummy user ids beacuse according to my requirements many dummy user id will get created as I have so many alert categories in alert configuration.

most common approach is like that:

create all alerts to one user (which can be your mailbox)

then inside the mailbox distribute alerts - per category, etc.

this way you don't change XI config each time there is a new category but just add a new rule in your mailbox

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

I didnt able to understand your suggestion completely.Can you pls elaborate the solution again.How do I approach to implement?

Let me highlight my requirements once again for your better suggestion.

I want to send alert to non-PI users also.

I have so many alert categories and for every category there are different external user as recipients.

If I go for creating dummy user id to add in 'fixed recipients' then many dummy users id get accumulated in my system.

I jus want to send alerts to diffrent non pi users(based on categories) without creating dummy PI user ids.

Thanks in advance.