cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLB help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to optimize Truck loads for capacity measuring 100 Pallets stacked as 5 rows for 20 pallet spaces. How to proceed for this?

Regards,

ved

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ved,

TLB would take care of this.

You need to maintain stacking factor as 5 in properties tab of location product.

In the TLB profile, define a parameter as floorspots <= 20.

Then you maintain the TLB profile in the relevant T-lane against the relevant means of transport.

Regards - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Appreciate your help. I am very new to APO, can you please share tcode required for the TLB profile and how to deifne a parameter. Do I need to maintain stacking factor as 5 or 20 ?

Regards,

Ved

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ved,

Stacking factor means how many stacking layers are possible - one on top of another. In your case, it's 5.

Floorspots means how many spots are available in the vehicle for the stacks. So, floorspots would be 20 in your case.

Overall the maximum number of palletes of products that could be accomodated in the means of transport would be 20 spots on floor * 5 stacks = 100 pallets, which is what I understood is your requirement.

For TLB profile maintenance, you can use the transaction (/SAPAPO/TLBPRF - Define Transport Load Builder (TLB) Profiles ).

If you are using TLB, then you would have a profile available in the T- lane already. Modify the existing one.

If TLB profile not being used till now, then create new one in the above T-code with relevant description. Select the TLB profile, and in the lower section, create a new parameter for floorspots. Line would look like below:

1 FLOORSPOTS >= <= 20,000 PAL

I used PAL as UoM above, since you mentioned pallete spaces in your initial question. You should have a conversion mantained from PAL to your base UoM of the product in the product master. This will specify how many SKUs of the product would come in one pallete.

Regards - Pawan

Edited by: Pawan Pathak on Feb 7, 2012 7:29 AM