cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue connecting SRM 7.01 to a R/3 4.5B back-end

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I need your help with the following. We are currently trying to connect a SRM 7.01 system to a R/3 4.5B back-end. We almost got everything working except for a small problem, maybe you can help. We are using the classic scenario and are creating purchase orders in the back-end based on a SRM SC.

First question did anyone successfully connected a SRM 7.01 system to a R/3 4.5B back-end?

The problem we are encountering is as follows. In customizing in SRM I have selected system type R/3_4.5B as the back-end system type in u2018define system landscapeu2019.This causes for the determination of driver FM B45A_PO_CREATE when SRM wants to create the PO in the back-end (BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER ).This action succeeds because the PO is created in the back-end.

However, the next action of BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER is to read the data again from the back-end via FM B45A_PO_GETDETAIL. This synchronous call is done in order to update the SC status in SRM and create the linkages in BUS2121. This last action fails, because at the time the get detail Bapi is executed by SRM, the EKKO table in the back-end is not yet up to date and error u2018W5 107 purchase order does not existsu2019 is issued by the BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL in te back-end. This causes the SC in SRM to get status I1112 (error in process). Even though this status is issued in SRM, the PO is available in the back-end without any errors if I check this via ME23.

What I see is if I debug the SC transfer process and wait 1 or 2 seconds between the B45A_PO_CREATE and B45A_PO_GETDETAIL. The issue is not there. In this case it appears that the EKKO table is updated on time in the back-end and the B45A_PO_GETDETAIL can be processed in SRM without problems in order to update the SC status. I get status I1113 follow-on document created in this case.

Thus my conclusion is there is a timing issue when connecting to a R/3 4.5B system. Does anyone know a solution. Our thought goes to a small enhancement in the B45A_PO_GETDETAIL FM creating a timer to wait a second before the execution and fetching of the data. I tried it and it worked. But of course I prefer a standard SAP solution. Did anyone experienced similar behavior? Or knows a standard SAP solution to this problem?

Appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Skander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surender,

The code changes in this note only apply if the system type is u201CERP_Xu2019u201D. This is not the case over here, we are trying to connect to a R/3 4.5B system.

Some additional info, we have multiple back-ends connected. All ECC back-end function correctly and for these we do not have the problem. Only for the very very old R/3 4.5B system.

Any way I tried the note but no luck. This because of the above.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check this note. [SAP Note 1585992|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1585992]

Pls. read the corrections properly before implementing. Read the causes carefully.