cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Inbox folder missed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting error Directory not found (check existence and permissions 😞 Inbox while click on check-in tab and also found check-in button is disabled, then found inbox folder not there in EPS folder.

I would like to know what would be the impact if once again I copy all SCA files into inbox folder, and also there shouldnt be any problem with my existing developments which are in NWDS. Luckly no activities are in pending.

Please do advice to fix the issue.

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the CMS folder includes the following subfolders:

archives

config

extract

inbox

log

scripts

as far as I know if you resave the CMS domain these folders should be recreated with the correct access rights, please rather go for this approach than creating them manually because you may face access right issues if you create the folders for the wrong users and groups .

You need to focus only on the "inbox" folder.

The other folders are for logs, or for temporary extracting operations. The archives folder is where your SCs will get created once you trigger assembly.

What you need to do is that once you have again the folder structure and the files are in the inbox, restore system state in CMS and check-in and reimport again all the softwares into each track's dev and cons.

From developers point of view it is recommended to ask them to remove and reimport their development configuration in their NWDS. Before triggering this action they need to ensure that there are no open activites.

Regarding the SC version change, it depends on how large is the change. If only the patch level differs from the original SCs, it is not a big issue, you can proceed as above described, no need to do anything in SLD. If the SP changed, then it is again the same. The need for correcting anything in SLD is only required if the release has changed, but I assume this is not the case so I don't go into details.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ervin for detailed explain.

As I heared from basis is patch level version change only. As you said there should not be a problem..

One more point here is, as per my requirement I have added new component as dependency in SLD for my SC, then I sync SC dependencies in Landscapre Configurator -> Track Data by "Accepting SLD defination" and I could see newly added component package type as "Archive", and remaining all others components are in package type "Source and Archive" along with SC.

I tried the same in another test track by adding the same SC, and I could see there the package type as "Source and Archive"..for new component as well as SC too.

What could be the reason for this one, and also the impact if I keep component package type as "Archive" and start working..

Please do advice..

Ian

Edited by: ian.sapce on Feb 4, 2012 3:32 PM

Edited by: ian.sapce on Feb 4, 2012 5:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While I am trying check-in components from CMS Inbox getting for ENGFACADE & WD-RUNTIME components -

cannot load file: /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/xxxxxxxx/WDRUNTIME04P_8-10006954.SCA Error: Could not extract file BUILDARCHIVES/sap.comtcwdapi_comp~dcia.zip from archive /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/xxxxxxxx/WDRUNTIME04P_8-10006954.SCAAdditional error message is:Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

Log - Error! The state of the source cache is INCONSISTENT for at least one of the request DCs. The build might produce incorrect results.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Edited by: ian.sapce on Feb 7, 2012 9:54 AM

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no impact.

just create the folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John..

After placing SCA files in Inbox, figured out that some components version is not same as old one. As per basis they could not able to find same odl version within the patch to download. What would be the impact if I place higher version components in cms inbox, and lower version component in SLD within the same patch as dependency.

After placing all files in cms inbox, do i need to check-in & import once again into development & consolidation..

Please do adivce.

Thanks in advance...

Ian

Edited by: ian.sapce on Feb 3, 2012 4:43 PM

Edited by: ian.sapce on Feb 3, 2012 4:45 PM