SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a problem related to Funds Management, our Development server is same in terms of configuration but is not same in terms of assigning the budget Object. When we are trying to post the entry system is coming up with the error

"PB item 00001: No assignment object determined for SALES / OTHR_DISCOUNT

Message no. BP747

Diagnosis

The budget structure for the combination funds center WR_SALES / commitment item SPL&OTHR_DISCOUNT / fund in line item 00001 does not contain a superior assignment object in the payment budget.

Also, if you have only assigned one assignment object in the payment budget, you must create assignment objects in such a way that every assignable element has ONE assignment object in the upward path in the payment budget.

System Response

Posting not made.

Procedure

1. Define a superior element in the budget structure or define the BS element itself as an assignment object in the payment budget.

2. Check your definition.

3. Reconstruct the assigned values for the fund and year where you have changed the assignment object definition."

I have assigned the Budget objects even as in QAS then also system is gving us the same error.

The budget object has already been assigned to the SALES / OTHR_DISCOUNT but still the result is same.

Please tell me in a way or trick(if any) to assign the budget objects so that this problem can be sorted out....

Thanks and Regards

Nitin

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have assigned funds center WR_SALES / commitment item SPL&OTHR_DISCOUNT to object Sales /Other_discount. What this error message tells you is that Sales/Other_discount is also an assignable object and you have to assign it to a superior object.

Regards,

Ming

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

This error is related to Former Budgeting, therefore I believe you are not using BCS but Former budgeting.

Error message BP747 rises always as a consequence of customizing.

1. Define a superior element in the budget structure or define the BS element itself as an assignment object in the payment budget. Tx. FM9K

2. Check your definition. Tx. FM9L

3. Reconstruct the assigned values for the fund and year where you have changed the assignment object definition.

Steps:

1.- Run transaction FMBV ( Fomer budgeting) in order to reconstruct Budget values.

2.- Run report RFFMRC04 in Test mode in order to check if there is still some inconsistency.

3.- If RFFMRC04 shows inconsistencies, then run this report in Update Mode.

4.- Reconstruct assigned values with FMBV again.

Also, check report BPINDAN2_NEW and make sure that Funds Center and Commitment item derivated were assigned.

Another thing that you should do is to click on the words "budget structure", "assignment object", "payment budget", "bs element", that is available in the long text of message BP747. There is a link there directly to the place in customizing that something is missing or wrong. Kindly do this and adjust the customizing.

In addition, check the consulting note 1080301. I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Monghong and Vanessa....

I have been able to track the reason why I am getting the errors in FM but now the problem is:

While giving the the budget in a superior budget assignment I am getting the error

"

- DOM_SALES /XXXCOMMIT: 100,000.00 < 18,121,100.00

- MARKETING /XXXCOMMIT: 2,100,000.00 < 11,100,000.00

Annual release 2011 less than distributed release

- SALES /XXXCOMMIT: 200,000.00 < 210,000.00 (INR)

The following is the error in details:

- DOM_SALES /XXXCOMMIT: 11,100,000.00 < 18,121,100,000.00 (INR)

Message no. BQ039

Diagnosis

Annual release 11,100,000.00 INR for funds center/commitment item DOM_SALES /XXXCOMMIT is smaller than the distributed release 18,121,100,000.00 INR.

I have tried tried to give them the appropriate budget but nothing is working out. I have tried everything I can but I am unable to resolve the issue.

I have been solving this kind of error and I have tried all other options but....

Please suggest asap as we are unable to do any posting in any FC or CI....

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Nitin

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

As far as I remember from the other thread, you are using Former Budgeting and you have marked flag to check the budget in the lowest level. Please test to run in a test system the following transactions in this order: FM9P, FM9Q and FMBV.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Thanks