cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an email to sender when message is failed

0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have an interface which is receiving invoices via emails as an attachment. Sometimes vendors send emails without an attachment or incorrectly formatted attachment. These messages fail in the system. We want to send an email back to the sender email address informing the failure of the message. I believe this is doable. If anybody has implemented something like this please share you knowledge.

Thanks & Regards

Shantha Bandara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to send an email back to the sender email address informing the failure of the message.

as per my knowledge, that is possiable with Alert Mechanism :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172...

and refer note for Troubleshooting:

#913858 XI Alerting: Troubleshooting

Edited by: bhavanisankar.solasu on Feb 3, 2012 10:45 AM

0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavanisankar.

In Alert configuration you can specify either fixed recipients or Recipients via user roles. Those recipients must be a SAP user. In this case I want to send an email to the sender of the message.

Thanks & regards

Shanth Bandara

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to Create one more ALERT category for related interface and add new user (who is sending mail from sender system ) in mailing list..

0 Kudos

Hi

It is not practical to create a user id for each vendor just for this purpose. May be I have to develop a module.

Thanks & regards

Shantha Bandara

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other option is use one receiver mail adapter and dont throw exception in mapping level and catch the exception and call mail adapter. but this approch will cove ronly mapping validation errors.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use the alerting framework of SAP XI. Michal has a nice blog regarding that

XI Alert Configuration:

XI Alert Troubleshooting:

Hope this helps,

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi Mark

Thank you for the prompt reply. Yes I have configured alert and it is working find. But as far as I know we do not have a way to send an email back to the person who sends that message. My requirement is to send and email to the sender of the message.

Thanks & regards

Shantha Bandara

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create one more ALERT category for only this interface then create alert and add new recipient(sender system people) in mailing list.

0 Kudos

Thanks Raja

Messages coming from thousands of vendors. I am doubt that alert framework can be used for these purpose. I need to inform the particular vendor/supplier by an email when message is failed.

Thanks & Regards

Shantha