cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change Batch Classification Status from 'Incomplete' to Released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am unable to change the Batch Classification Status from 'Incomplete' to Released for a batch master record. I have checked to make sure that batch classification status is active for the plant and that required characteristics are populated, yet everytime I change the status to 'Released' and then save, the status doesn't change from incomplete.

Your suggestions would be most appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Batch classification status: it can be changed by selecting clicking on the appropriate status and save. Pl check and see. Please follow this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/25/28428b4f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madduri,

That is what I have been doing. I am manually going into the batch master record and changing the classification status from 'incomplete' to 'released' and then saving the batch master record. When I go back into the batch master record, I see that the status has NOT changed from 'incomplete' to 'released'

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have any dependencies? Are any inconsistency errors showing in MSC2n when you display the values?

Depending on your settings, are all the values in spec?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

No dependencies I'm aware of. When I run the inconsistency check, it shows that there are NO inconsistencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Characteristic values are in spec. The user had originally removed a hold code characteristic (which is required) and saved the batch master record, thus moving the batch status from 'released' to 'incomplete'. She has since put the hold code back on the batch master record, but the status cannot be manually changed. it remains at 'incomplete'

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have another user repeat that process. I.e. remove the hold code value. Save it. Then go in and reapply it and try to do the release at the same time. Then save it.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

DId as you mentioned, and still no luck...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then I think you have no choice but to work with a developer:

From the menu:

System> Utilities>Debug ABAP

FF