cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do a mass delete of CUP Role Mappings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you do a mass deletion of Role Mappings in CUP?

The Import function will let me add new mappings and update existing ones, but doesn't seem to let you delete existing mappings.

Our Security group originally wanted to have CUP provision the same changes to both our PROD and QA SAP systems. So I set up role mappings for every PROD SAP role to have it automatically add the QA role to the request. Now they don't want to do that, so I need to remove the mappings.

I know I can turn the mapping off in the Role Mapping Configuration, but I want to get rid of the actual mappings also. I haven't been able to find a way to mass delete, so I seem to be stuck with deleting 700+ mappings one at a time.

We are on GRC 5.3 SP13.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

As I can see in the interface, the only way is to do a multiple selection for each page (8 results per page) for each main role, but the main roles need to be selected one by one

I'm sure there's a way to do it working at database level, with table VIRSA_AE_ROLE_MAP for example, but you shouldn't change tables without SAP advise.

Cheers,

Diego.

Edited by: Diego I. Yaryura on Feb 3, 2012 2:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I spoke to SAP about this during the GRC 10.0 Delta training a few months ago, and it seems that GRC 10.0 has the same llimitation as GRC 5.X i.e. that you can only disable a role, not delete a role from the repository for CUP/UAM.

In GRC 5.X, if a role was ever used within a request for provisioning/deprovisioning/retaining, then GRC would not allow you to remove the role from it's repository. I assume the same goes for 10.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, but this does not seem to apply to the main question for this thread.

I need to delete Role Mappings (Configuration/Roles/Role Mapping), not the roles themselves. I can delete these mappings manually one-at-a-time with no problem. The problem is I have over 700 of these mappings to remove.

Also, I am currently on GRC 5.3, not 10.0.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I opened a message a few month ago about that topic. Answer is "no mass delete"..As suggested by SAP I opened also a topic in the idea place but I m not confident that SAP will take in charge a 5.3 issue...

Regards,

Julien