cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am setting up Early watch alerts for solution manager and I have configured all the steps according to guide and it still does not provide me a report in the solution_manager dashboard "waiting for session data". I already scheduled the tasks and processed them and checked all the RFC connections and are functional. When I check the RTCCTOOL I get the below message.

" no EWAlert session to SolMan nor to SAP found" the RFC connections in SMSY are valid. Please help.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

When the EWA is scheduled you will see a session on Solman and it will have 1 flask. Mouse over and it says waiting for session data. So the EWA task needs to run on the managed system. What is scheduled on the managed system in SDCCN is the task called Maintenance Package task (periodic every day) and it will refresh definitions, refresh sessions and refresh sessiosn will pull the session number, if it can open the service session on Solman. If it can't the refresh session task will just not find any sessions and end.

If the data doesn't come that day, the EWA will become Red Flagged, and when you mouse over it will tell you the session data is overdue. So many times when people have configured everything properly, and the refresh session task does not find any sessions, but there is one on solution manager, then next step is to get the session number and see if you can open the session and view the tree and details. If you can't, neither can the refresh session task.

But when you say waiting for session data, has more than a day transpired, because this can happen if the time you schedule the EWA on solman is much earlier than when the SDCCN tasks run on the managed system.

My guess is either the data will get sent later when the SDCCN task runs, or the Single flask will turn to a red flag.

If it turns to a red flag, you may want to review this link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/SAObDQ

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By the way, Refresh Service Definitions will very likely not solve this problem. On top of what I had mentioned in my previous post, you may want to check this wiki post which talks about this quite a bit:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/SAObDQ

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you see a waiting for sessino data or a red flag that simply means that the data did not arrive from the satellite system to the solman system.

Firs tof all, it this an ABAP or NON-ABAP system?

If it is an ABAP system, please confirm that the solman system in question has been set correctly as the Master System. Also, please verify that the job Maintenance Task or Refresh Session is being correctly executed/run from the satellite system and the logs show no errors.

If it is a NON-ABAP system you will have to have a similar job but this would need to be located on the SOLMAN SDCCN.

Regards,

Mark

naveen_kumar1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

To generate the EWA, you need firstly to refresh service definition.

Please goto Solution manager system -> SDCCN -> Utility -> Maintain

Service Definition -> Delete and Replace Service Definition.

Then goto satellite system. Create a new task "Refresh Service

Definitions" -> Make sure the back RFC is being used for this task.

Afterwards, a new "Refresh Sessions" task could get the EWA generated.

Regards,

Naveen.