Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM vs Esourcing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help with the following doubts

1) Could any one tell me an example for tactical Sourcing in SRM and Strategic Sourcing in Esourcing.

In SRM, Sourcing is initiated by a requester through shopping cart whereas in Esourcing, Sourcing is done based on demand. How is this achieved? I went through the process of supplier registeration, bidding, award and contracts but I could not get a clear picture on sourcing. Could any one please help me how sourcing is done based on demand in Esourcing.

2) Does Esourcing handle only supplier registeration to contracts? should SRM be integrated with Esourcing to achieve Purchase order to invoice?

3) what is the drawback of SRM when compared to Esourcing?

Kindly help me with the answers. Thanks in Advance..!!

Regards,

Sharmele Somu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Could any one tell me an example for tactical Sourcing in SRM and Strategic Sourcing in Esourcing:

<Vikram> Please read the post below for further clarification:

2 Does Esourcing handle only supplier registeration to contracts? should SRM be integrated with Esourcing to achieve Purchase order to invoice? <Vikram> Supplier registration in SAP Sourcing is for contracts as well as RFx and Auctions. SRM integration with SAp Sourcing (which is a custom solution) is one of the ways of achieving Purchase order to invoice scenario. You can also do the same via SAP Sourcing integration with ECC (which is provided as a standard solution).

3. What is the drawback of SRM when compared to Esourcing? <Vikram> SAP Sourcing offers full fledged RFx and Auction features. E.g.in RFx, you can add a contract clause via Q&A, edit feature after RFx is published, multi round RFx, monitoring and analysis of RFx responses, Collaborative Scoring to name a few. Again, to say SRM has a drawback wont be right since SRM is designed for features such as Shopping cart creation, operational contracts etc. with different scenarios in mind such as Classic, EC, Standalone.

You can also read a discussion below:

Thanks,

Vikram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vikram. It really helped a lot.

Sharmele.