Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Request timed out because there has been no reply from the server in 600000

Issue:

Scenario:

1. All the crystal reports are designed by using Crystal Report 2008 Version -- 12.3.0.601

2. All reports are uploaded to CMC (SAP Business Objects Enterprise XI, Product: 12.1.0)

3. using Front-End .net Winform

4. Crystal Report is binding is done using Business View Manager (since having more than one databases)

5. Business View Manager Connects to Oracle using "Oracle Server" connection

6. Loading reports as follows

string queryString = string.Empty;

SessionMgr sessionMgr = new SessionMgr();

EnterpriseSession enterpriseSession = sessionMgr.Logon(userName, userPassword, serverName, authType);

EnterpriseService enterpriseService = enterpriseSession.GetService("InfoStore");

InfoStore infoStore = new InfoStore(enterpriseService);

enterpriseService = enterpriseSession.GetService("PSReportFactory");

Object psrfObject = enterpriseService.Interface;

PSReportFactory psReportFactory = (PSReportFactory)psrfObject;

queryString = "Select SI_CUID, SI_ID, SI_NAME, SI_PARENTID From CI_INFOOBJECTS " + "Where SI_PROGID='CrystalEnterprise.Report' " + "And SI_ID=" + ReportId;

InfoObjects infoObjects = infoStore.Query(queryString);

InfoObject infoObject = infoObjects[1];

ReportDocument crDoc = new ReportDocument();

crDoc.Load(infoObject, enterpriseSession);

7. All the reports are getting loaded properly and i am able to dynamically set the report parameters

8. After executing report, some of the reports take more than 10 minutes, due to which shows following error

Note i have done following:

1. I have checked stored procedure running through oracle for more than 10 minutes (1 hr, 2 hrs)

2. Tried simply running crystal report without front-end running perfectly more than 10 minutes (1 hr, 2 hr)

3. When i run .net winform application for specific reports which takes long time, gives "Request timed out because there has been no reply from the server in 600000"

Also i have done lot much R&D and spent almost weeks to get resolution but not getting any solution out of it, please help me in this case

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREBusiness ObjectsSuite 12.0Report Application ServerClient SDKCorbaAdapterWaitReplyTimeout = 600000 and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREBusiness ObjectsSuite 12.0Report Application ServerInprocServerEnterpriseRequ

AS per following URL

Session timeout

1. Log into Central Management Console

2. Go to server,right click on Crystal report processing server and select properties,change the idle connection time out to 60 minutes

3. Also right click on crystal report cache server and select properties ,change the idle connection time out to 60 minutes

4. Restart Crystal Report Processing Server and Crystal Report Cache Server

5. Change the session time out to 60 minutes in web.xml of INfoviewApp,InfoViewAppAction,PlatformSerivces and CrystalReports.

6. Navigate to the following location

<BO Install Dir>Business ObjectsTomcat55webappsInfoViewAppWEB-INF

7. Edit the web.xml in notepad and search for the below lines.

<session-config>

<session-timeout>20</session-timeout> <!-- 20 minutes for session objects -->

</session-config>

8. Increase the Session-Timeout parameter to 20 to 60 minutes in web.xml . Save this file

9. Repeat the same for the web.xml file in the InfoViewAppActions folder in <BO Install Dir>Business ObjectsTomcat55webappsInfoViewAppActionsWEB-INF

10. Repeat the same for the web.xml file in the PlatformSerivces folder in <BO Install Dir>Business ObjectsTomcat55webappsPlatformSerivcesWEB-INF

11. Repeat the same for the web.xml file in the CrystalReports folder in <BO Install Dir>Business ObjectsTomcat55webappsInfoViewAppActionsWEB-INF

12. Restart the tomcat server

Still i am getting same error, please help me, if you have any idea, clue with respect to this error on winform

Former Member
replied

If you don't use a web app, you still need to increase the CORBATimeout on the machine where you windows application is running. Have you done that as shown in step 3 in my previous reply?

Also, Enterprise\ Framework SDK isn't supported to be used in a stand alone application to talk to Business Objects because they make CORBA connections. It should work, but not supported and your server may face issues if many instances of this application are running.

On another note, for reports that take so long like 1 Hr to process, you should consider using job server rather than page server and schedule the report, you would have lesser issues, especially for heavy load.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question