cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass URL parameters to parent window, which is not in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed a web application which is calling a VC iView in a new browser window, now I have the problem that I have to pass back URL parameters to the parent window. Is there any possibility to use JavaScript or is there some other solution?

Thanks fpr your help.

Kind regards,

Timo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read this document from Darji:

How to integrate Visual Composer applications and BEx Web templates

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ad182ac7-0a01-0010-4fb8-8a4...

It tells you how to create signal in and signal out for BEx-templates by using Javascripts. Those javascripts you could use in your parent template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

thanks a lot for your answer. If I understand correctly your solution works only if the other web application in the parent window is also located in the portal, unfortunately my web application is outside the portal.

Is there a solution for this, or should I look for something else than using Visual Composer?

Kind regards,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, eventing works only in Portal.

I doubt that you can embed a VC iView (as flash) in your external, as you would always see the Portal (VC iView need Portal), which you probably don't want to see in your iFrame.

However, if you do, than use the full URL of the parent app from the VC iView and use _top(I think it's _top) as target.