cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalidate ARFC Metadata Cache

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on NW 7.0 S 12.

Everytime I make changes to my Adaptive RFC I require to take a J2EE server restart to invalidate the metadata cache. I am aware of the 'Invalidation of ARFC Metadata Cache link under Web Dynpro Console on the Porta

I am unable to find this link under Web Dynpro Console -> Admin Menu.

I found the document [Metadata Cache Invalidation for Adaptive RFC Models|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10465350-b4f5-2910-61ba-a58282b3b6df]

on SDN by Arun Bhat J which says I can download EARs from SDN for NW7.0 and deploy as a Web Dynpro application.

I have tried this activity by importing the file structure in NWDS as a Web Dynpro Application/ J2EE Application/ Java Application. None of these helped me deploy file structure.

I would like to make this link of 'Invalidation of Cache' available on the portal. How can I achieve this. Also, I have downloaded the files mentioned in the document. How can I use this to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lvhengel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The download link contains an ear file. You can deploy this Web Dynpro application with SDM. After deployment you should be able to find it with Content Administration -> Web Dynpro.

However my real advice would be to patch your portal. SP12 (2007) is really old

Cheers,

Leo

0 Kudos

Hey Leo,

Thank you for your prompt response. I will ask Basis to Patch up the portal.

Meanwhile, can I deploy the EAR files through NWDS?

0 Kudos

> However my real advice would be to patch your portal. SP12 (2007) is really old

>

> Cheers,

> Leo

We have the same problem in CE7.2.

Everytime when we change structure in ABAP or in WS - we have to restart CE

cliaring JCO Cache in nwa "JCO monitoring" helps 50/50...

Edited by: Pavel Korgenevskiy on Feb 3, 2012 6:01 AM

lvhengel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Basis needs to deploy the ear file with SDM. It's not possible with 7.0 to deploy a seperate ear file from NWDS.

@Pavel: You are right. To be clear patching the Portal does not solve the problem that the metadata cache is invalidated automatically, but with the new patch you are sure that the Invalidate Cache Tool is available.

Cheers,

Leo