Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 Upgrade:Time out while data export

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a time out error in migration tool while exporting the RAR Critical actions details. What is happening is that, after running thid process for 30-40 minutes, it simply shows the blank page. Once refresh/re-access the migration application, it throws the "Lock exception". Also, the performance of the server gets deteriorated drastically to a remarkable level!

I even cant access other applications.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume this is the 5.3 data export migration?

Have you got access to the Netweaver Administrator console?

I would get a Netweaver consultant / basis admin person to help you to trace and log the process to try to give you an idea as to where this is failing. it might just be a db table reaching its threshold and so splitting the data into smaller chunks may yeild results.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest to check while exporting single file or just common configurtion settings first and bottom it shows statsus.

Still issue persits . check permision at OS level .

SAP says local folder but people mount network drive as well so lets check with exporting small files.. seems not creating any files.

Regards,

Prasant

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I do have access. However, I am not clear as to where I have to see the logs for this problem.

Any suggestion would be apprecaited.

Regards,

FAisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your reply.

The export location is local to the GRC 5.3 server. Therefore, I dont think that it should be a problem. I am basically unable to why and where the problem is lying.

Any hint would a great help.

Regards,

Faisal

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

In the server:port/nwa area there is a whole section on Logs and traces. You can set the configuration to trigger on different levels or view the system logs with the default parameters using the standard views e.g. last 24 hours etc.

If you see a number of strings with errors that might lead you down the correct path. You might need the assistance of the basis teams to understand the actual errors though.

Good luck.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, If local folder.

As suggested by Simon. check logs.. basis can help you with logs and traces.

check you account rights..as well.

If you try to export just 1 files like take connector only and export, and check at bottom of screen . status will be 100% but at bottom it will give you error message if any error comes..

Regards,

Prasant

Answers (0)