cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP Planning book getting lock even loading with different selection-Pl suge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

DP Planning book getting lock even loading with different selection,Pl find the attachment of the two selection Profile

i have checked the cvcs combination of the both the selection profile ,completely different but the planning book is locking when loading the different selection profile ,the below are the cvcs of Differant two selection profile which is locking even though there is not same cvcs please help

CVCs of one selection

APO - Location APO Produc CUSTOMER ENGINE MOD PRODUCT GR

101 BS0126 10240 PW535D KIT PW500

CVCs of other selection

APO - Loca APO Produc CUSTOMER ENGINE MOD PRODUCT GR

101 BS1184 10240 PW150B PW150

101 BS1185 10553 ST18M PW100

101 BS1185 10699 ST18M PW100

Regards

kkk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KKK,

Pls share how you have maintained the selections.

There is also the possibility that you are using "show" at a level which is causing the conflict.

e.g. if you say show country, and the country is the same for your specified selections, then the data for your country would get locked when you load either of the selection.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KKK

I got the same issue then I wrote a note to SAP and I got this answer which was very helpful:

"In first instance please have a look at note 397292, which is still valid for the current releases.

There is a very basic rule:

A lock is possible, when

o Nothing is yet locked or

o the selection made for at least one characteristic [that was

specified with 'EQ' (equal) by both the checked selection and in the existing locks] is different from the existing locks.

Your selection "ZZZ" selects ZPROD without restrictingany other characteristic. So basically the selected Products

are locked for ALL Locations/customers and so on.

The other Selection selects completely different characteristcs. Of course the system tries to make the selection for locking as detailed as possible (this is why you also get the product information locked), but there is no common characteristic used in both selections that can be used to differenciate the locks.

So this is the correct system behaviour. You need to make sure that you have at least one characteristic that is used in BOTH selections and has different criterias."

Regards,

Jasmin Munera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KKK,

Please provide us the selection condition for both the entries.

I will suggest you few ideas through which you can share further clarifications.

Kindly check in the planning area settings whether any locking logic has been set. If not, by default SAP takes in AGGREGATED LOCK. If this is the lock which has been set on your system, then probably there are certain conditions because of which the planning book is locked.

1- more than a single entry for a characteristic, say, location is not allowed. Ex: India, mexico, australia is not allowed. Suggested way is to perform the selection with one set of characteristic value.

2- Block of entries will also make your selection locked. Try doing the selection with a single characteristic combination.

Hope this reply provides you some insight.

Cheers,

JANANI

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KKK,

I think you have a previous thread http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2129337&tstart=0 that asks the same question, but here you have an example.

We could not explain why the two selections are locking confilict just by knowing the CVCs included. We must also know the selection profile you set. If you can use the below steps to provide us the lock entries for each selection, that would be better:

First go to /sapapo/sdp94 and load selection 1 in change mode.

Then in the menu bar, select Goto-> Lock entries. You'll get a list of lock entries. Please memorize it by copying it to another location/file. Exit planning book, and do the same to selection 2.

Please copy the lock entries for the two selection separately in this thread.

Best Regards,

Ada