cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM consists of ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I have some confusion in PLM section, my general doubts are may be basic but just to be clear please help me.

1) PLM- PS, PLM-PM, PLM-QM are these each separate modules with separate consultants working in each section.

2) I understand PS, PM, QM were separate modules with respective consultants but SAP has put all together under PLM umbrella recently. Am i correct.?

3) What all the concepts which come under pure PLM? or if i am using wrong terminology correct me.

4) DMS, ECM, VC, EHS, C folders and C projects all these come under exactly which module?

Please guide me on the same.

Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Check the below link, will be helpfull to you.

Regards,

yawar Khan

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look at the PLM Curriculum at SAP Education - this will clarify things.

[https://training.sap.com/us/en/courses-and-curricula/product-lifecycle-management]

"Lifecycle Data Management" is what we consider "core PLM". Drill down into this area.

Then, we have PPM, QM, and EAM as adjacent areas. In addition, EH&S Management, especiall Product and REACH Compliance, is part of the broader PLM solution offering.

For the most part, all capabilities can be used directly within ERP, or as a standalone PLM solution with native integration to the SAP Business Suite.

Regards, Ulf.