cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiles of Java instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I´ve theoretical doubt about the administration of the start, java instance and SCS instance profiles. I know that ABAP instance profiles can be managed with the RZ10 and RZ11, but in java? I´ve searching on config tool, but i don´t find anything relationated with the start and java profiles.

more thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruben,

Java profiles has to be managed from OS level and don't have frontend tool to modify.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjun,

But the parameters of the java instance are modified with the configtool,not? It´s strange that the profiles will be edited from OS level.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

In JAva systems we do not have transaction codes. We have iViews. So we do not have transactions like RZ10, RZ11 etc in Java systems. You need to modify the same at OS level.

For Memory parameters of JAVA instance you need to use configtool and for connection parameters you need to use Visual Admin.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah....We are modifying Java memory and other parameters in configtool..but for profiles we have to modify in OS level..thats JAVA

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AntalP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

in double stack system you can use the RZ transaction, in Java only system you can edit the profiles manually as mentioned previously

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

for the j2ee Engine or Java Applikation Server the java related parameter could by located on os level (JAVA_HOME), instance profile of the abap instance, configtool(offline tool), visual admin(online tool).

on os level under (zb. on unix) /usr/sap/Sid/JC<XX> /j2ee/cluster/instance.properties in this xml file there are some paramters for the java bootstrap prozess you can also edit this properties file with the configtool.

br

julius