Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strategic sourcing untuk classic scenario

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We're evaluating the use of classic scenario in our project. As what I understand previously that one of the benefit having extended classic scenario compared with classic scenario, is that we can utilize the feature of sourcing (along with RFx and auction) in SRM.

However in some screenshot it seems that RFx and auction is also supported in classic scenario. This confuse me, as there is no SAP documentation which categorically said that RFx and auction is supported in classic scenario. Is it really supported? Can any of you give me the link of SAP documentation which confirms that this is supported.

And, if it is supported, I'm kind of lost of the advantage of having extended classic vs classic. The only obvious advantage now is seem to be ONLY PO worklow? Can someone give some light on this?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

RFX is fully supported in classic scenario.

If you have a combination with SRM 7.0 and ECC with EHP4, you can distribute contracts to ECC via XML. Therefore, they can be used as source of supply when creating a shopping cart.

If you use extended classic, sources of supply will be picked locally, therefore there is no need to redistribute them to ECC.

Regards,

Ricardo

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where can i see the statement from SAP that RFx is supported in classic scenario?

Because when I see SAP Library for scenario self service procurement - extended classic (URL: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm702/helpdata/EN/e0/f6be5157a24340bf7b1279854a52e1/frameset.htm) I can see that purchaser can create RFx or Auction from Sourcing

However in SAP Library for scenario self service procurement - classic (URL: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm702/helpdata/EN/d3/c9ca09052e47cd996279d765991177/frameset.htm), there is no business process of creating RFx or Auction from Sourcing?

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The classic Vs extended classic differentiation is done on leading purchase order. In classic, leading PO is in the backend while in ECS it is in SRM.

Now you can imagine there can be several variations of the classic deployment modes.

SC->purchase requisition-> Classic purchase Order

SC-> SOCO-> Classic purchase Order

SC->SOCO->RFx->RFx Response-> Classic purchase Order

But eventually all will lead to Classic purchase Order.

The link you mentioned above represents one flow. Hope that clarifies.

Regards

Azad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cavedini,

We are now using SRM 7.0 EHP2, classic scenario. EHP2 aleady supports classic scenario for direct material, but in sourcing cockpit central contract cannot be used as a source of supply when we click 'propose source of supply' buttion for direct material SCs.

So my question is how can central contract can be used for Scs of direct material?  If it is not possible to so, could you pls share some information for us to do enhancements?

Thanks very much and best regrads.

Meng yang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rfx and auctions are supported in classic scenario too.

You could also leverage the new feature of central contract if you are on SRM 7.0. if you wish to use the same contract in SRM and ECC

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. One can easily utilize ECS for RFX & Auctions.

But in classic Scenario things are not as straight forward as in ECS. When one uses classic scenario it is very well understood that Contracts, RFx done at ECC.

I am not denying; that classic scenario is not capable of doing contracts or RFx at SRM end. It can very well do. (I have created contracts at SRM end.) But one can't transfer it to backend. So in a way those contracts are local contracts.

I will suggest; if you want to use RFx, Auctions; prefer ECS. It will reduce complexities in future.

Regards