Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference User and Audit trail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using CUA and would like to use reference user for high privileges user access. As soon as a user will be assign to a reference user we would like to track what the user has done and of course everything automaticity.

Did somebody had the same problem in the past and how did you solved it?

Thank you

Regards

Peter

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep. This is an often sought after feature...

I have a collection of audit and forensic type reports which I found over the years which I use and automatically remove the reference user again after the time requested has elapsed. This event triggers the reports with parameters for the interval of the use, converts any outputs into PDF's and sends them via mail into the ticket system or distribution list. (you need to be able to configure and concatenate the subject title for the ticketing system to route it correctly).

The trick is that you need to trap the start and the end time and make sure that it happens and that the logging is linked to this event of actually removing the reference user when the person has confirmed that they are logged off (or reached the point-of-no-return in being logged off).

Cheers,

Julius