cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Package - repeat delta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.,

usually, for a delta capable data source, once we make the request in target to red & delete it. and when we run the info package it prompts as repeat delta is required and we apply changes and execute the info package, the missing delta records from previous & next new delta records come to PSA.

but in my case, the delta info package overrall status was changed to green, then later this request was made red in target and deleted. in PSA it was still green, i made the request in PSA to red. then executed the info package.

= will it pull the missing delta records and new records? or it just pulls next delta?

= in such a scenario, what was the recommended approach i should have followed so as not to miss delta records? is there any settings to be made in BI/ECC side to do repeat delta?

= how do i find if records are missed? is there any way/program to check that for a data source? also, is there any way to pull a particular missed delta records.

regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all your excellent inputs..have some more doubts like..

if i missed a particular delta :

= how do i find how many records are missed?

= can i find if any delta was missed on any day after delta initialization?

= is there any way to pull those missed delta records?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i find how many records are missed?

According to me there is no way to find how many records were missed if delta is missed unless and until business people comes to us.

Can i find if any delta was missed on any day after delta initialization?

Same as above.After intilisation if any data load doesnot happen on a particular day , delta will come in next day request so delta will not miss ideally.

Is there any way to pull those missed delta records?

Repair full request is the only way to get missing data records back.

Hope above information is helpful to you.

Thanks

Deepak chavan.

Edited by: Deepak Chavan on Feb 3, 2012 10:35 AM

Edited by: Deepak Chavan on Feb 3, 2012 10:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

how do i find how many records are missed?

open RSA7 --> select your data source and click on display data.

in the next screen below you will find repeat delta, there you can see, if you do repeat delta how many records you are going to get. as we already know how many records we have in delta queue at present, so difference is the no.of records we lost.

can i find if any delta was missed on any day after delta initialization?

Using Repeat delta functional, we can only retrieve last failed delta request. If you have many, then we can not. we need to go for Full pair loading.

is there any way to pull those missed delta records?

We need to run the Full repair IP based on selections.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Venkatesh & Ravi.

pls tell me how to do Full Repair request for a missed delta(last week date) in COPA DS?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

--> Open your Full load IP in RSA1

--> Give the selections in data selection tab(give correct solution)

--> Now in menu bar, scheduler --> repair full request --> select the check box and click on ok.

now run your IP, this request will load repair full request.

If you know the selections then give, otherwise you will get wrong data.

As COPA data sources works on time stamp or calday, you can give the selections on calday or timestamp

are you using DSO in your data flow?

Regards,

Venkatesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy your full Infopackage -> Name it as per your standards ( Repair Full in place of Full ) -> Select Schedule from the Infopackage menu -> Select Repair Full and select the check box -> Give the selections if you know the period for which data is missed ( optional but if you know, it reduces the run time ) -> Save the Infopackage and execute

Note : Repair full is suggestable only if data is getting loaded directly to DSO ( as it overwrites the data ).

Regards,

Sunil

Edited by: sunil kumar on Feb 3, 2012 12:09 PM

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can any one help me.

ODS-->Export Data Source-->PSA-->Cube.

My Process chain is failed so I delete the red request from cube and then PSA and then I delete the " Data Mart Status Of the Request".

This above job I did but when repeat the Delta Info Package then in target cube 10 record updated instead of 3 lac.

Can you please tell me now how to get the my  3 lac delta.

Thanks

Delta Misser

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Ravi/Venkatesh

running(yellow) delta request overrall is made green. then to do repeat delta:

change request status to red. then in r/3 rsa7 for the particular datasource , select radio button "repeat delta". execute.

then come to BI, run info package, then it will take missed records & new delta records

pls correct me if iam wrong..

@ venkatesh: unless we come to know which records were actually missed, will we be able to give selection, i mean like which plant, company code etc? or is there some other selections/settings we can give? sorry DS is 2LIS_04_P_COMP Shop floor control directly loading to cube.

@ venkatesh: pls help with doubt in below link too...

@sunil: thanks.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow the below steps

We have table ROOSPRMSC which stores the successful last delta request time stamp for each data source(if it is delta enabled).

when ever the delta IP got successful, the time stamp will get update in the table(it doesn't bother about whether it is there in target or not). If the over all status of IP comes to green, then time stamp will get updated to system table.

So when ever you have any failed delta request or if you want to load the previous delta records again, follow the below steps.

1) open the failed request or request you want to run again, then change the over all status to red.

here system will prompt you message saying that" you have to perform repeat delta".

2) now goto target and make the request red or you can directly delete it.

Now run your delta IP, it will pick earlier and present delta records.

Note: If you are already deleted the request from target, then open the request in RSRQ and make the request to Red. This is enough to get the last delta records.

Regards,

Venkaetsh

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

QM status of earlier request has to be set as red..

also go to RSMO..select that request job..go to status button ..double click and make it red..

you can run delta package now and it should bring the repeat delta now..

also if you have created on or changed on fields you can get the missed day data..provided u should have overwrite DSO in between..

Thanks and regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only key here to remember is you need to make the QM status of the previous delta to RED and delete it from Infoprovider.. The next repeat will prompt to perform repeat delta which brings the data related to your previous delta and also current data.

Note : 1) Repeat delta works only for the immediate next delta i.e. for example req1 on 2/2, req2 on 2/3 & req3 on 2/4 are loaded and you deleted req1, then req1 cannot be repeated. Only req3 can be repeated.

2) If you just delete the request from Infoprovider and do not make the QM status to RED, you will get only current delta record and you will miss the data related to deleted request.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sunil

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually the delta queue (RSA7) is divided into 2 parts . FIRST is the delta queue and the repetitive delta whenever the records are posted in the r/3 system the records will be injected into the delta queue and the repetitive delta . if u deleted the request in the PSA , later u can run the infopackage with repetitive delta . there u have to select the repetitive delta radiobutton .

That's y whenever u execute the Tcode : RSA7 there exists some records in the datasource though u executed the infopackage , because there exists some records in the repetitive delta.

Hope u got it,

Thanx & Regards,

RaviCHandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are safe if next request loads data with Repeat of Last Delta in this case delta is not missed, As the request was successfully uploded with Green status and you have marked it RED (QM status of request needs to be turn to RED ) the next request will bring the old data along with new delta.Please see the update mode will be Repeat of Last Delta so no data loss has been made.

Thanks & Regards

Deepak chavan.

Edited by: Deepak Chavan on Feb 2, 2012 5:04 PM