Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Info Package - repeat delta

Hi.,

usually, for a delta capable data source, once we make the request in target to red & delete it. and when we run the info package it prompts as repeat delta is required and we apply changes and execute the info package, the missing delta records from previous & next new delta records come to PSA.

but in my case, the delta info package overrall status was changed to green, then later this request was made red in target and deleted. in PSA it was still green, i made the request in PSA to red. then executed the info package.

= will it pull the missing delta records and new records? or it just pulls next delta?

= in such a scenario, what was the recommended approach i should have followed so as not to miss delta records? is there any settings to be made in BI/ECC side to do repeat delta?

= how do i find if records are missed? is there any way/program to check that for a data source? also, is there any way to pull a particular missed delta records.

regards.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi

how do i find how many records are missed?

open RSA7 --> select your data source and click on display data.

in the next screen below you will find repeat delta, there you can see, if you do repeat delta how many records you are going to get. as we already know how many records we have in delta queue at present, so difference is the no.of records we lost.

can i find if any delta was missed on any day after delta initialization?

Using Repeat delta functional, we can only retrieve last failed delta request. If you have many, then we can not. we need to go for Full pair loading.

is there any way to pull those missed delta records?

We need to run the Full repair IP based on selections.

Regards,

Venkatesh

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question