cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barcode & image printing in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all experts,

I have created a smart form to show system bar code 128 & company logo image. It works well in smart form print preview but when printing it, image shows like the picture seen in the mirror and bar code number appear instead of bar code font (bar).

I search the forums in sdn site to solve. I found the following solving issues.

" We have resolved the issue, the issue was printer device type. We are using one of HP Laser Jet Printer, we initially had it as device type 'HPLJ4000', we have changed the device type to POST2 with installing PostScript drivers to the printer. It helped and we are able to print bar codes. "

But i don't know where can I view the device type of specific computer & how to change this type.

Anymore, I'm not sure it meets my requirements.

Appreciate all replies.

Regards,

Tra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your issue is mostly to deal with hardware/firmware issue, means mostly up to Basis side.

However did you take a look at tcode SPAD to see the configuration of your printer ?

There's one SAP notes 683605 mentioned in [this thread|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=67542], hopefully you'll find the answer there.

I have not faced this issue before, but I just have an idea. Did you tried printing your smartform locally with some software like cutepdf or biopdf ? If you can print it out correcty in a pdf file, then I think you can print this pdf correctly with the printers.

Thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I'm very sorry for my delay response!!

With Cute PDF software, the logo is printed correctly. As per your advice, this may be the printer problem.

And then according to my second issues, Can I print bar code 128 with HP laser Jet 1320 PCL6?

Thanks.

Regards,

Tra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Bar code will not be printing in HP laser. Try using Dot matrix printer.

If your issue exists please revert back to me i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari