cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Tab from Paragraph Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a variable v_date containing value 01.02.2012

I would like to print value 0 1 0 2 2 0 1 2 on a preprinted form. The gap between each digit should be 4 MM. Therefore, on paragraph format, I declared tab no 1 with 4 MM alignment LEFT.

On the form, I wrote the following:

*   &v_date+0(1)&,,&v_date+1(1)&,,&v_date+3(1)&,,
=  &v_date+4(1)&,,&v_date+6(1)&,,&v_date+7(1)&,,
=  &v_date+8(1)&,,&v_date+9(1)&

But when tested, the 1st gap is at 2mm, 2nd gap at 4mm and the rest of the gaps are at 8mm. How can I make sure that all the gaps are fixed to 4mm?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The tab positions defined in the paragraph format are absolute positions. So if the characters have width 2mm, you should define TAB1 = 6mm, TAB2 = 12mm, TAB3 = 18mm etc..

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Hari,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Hi Aidan,

Your suggestion works, thank you so much. But could you explain how the Tab function? All the while I thought 1st tab size is every ' ' used on form. Now it seems like the 1st tab somehow is part of the subsequent tabs??

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a default tab setting in forms but if you define a number of tabs in the paragraph format, the first tab stop will be exactly at the position of TAB1, the scond will be exactly at TAB2 position etc..

Regards,

Aidan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Its simple.

Just give the variables one below the other its working fine. Ie after pressing the insert field button you will be getting a small window where you will be entering the fields. So enter the each variable ie &v_date0(1)& &v_date1(1)& ......... in each row of the window.

I did so and got the output correctly. Also change the v_date variable into CHAR10. If its datum it causes some problem.

I think this will solve your issue if you face any issues please revert back to me i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari