cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch to Batch transfer - Inspection result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have the following scenario. In our company there are multiple operations before the final product is finished. Depending upon the product we have 3 to 4 multi level BOM structure maintained for each product. When the GR is done for each SFG level, we are generating a inspection lot and performing the testing.

Now to generate the Test Certificate for the finished product i.e. the product produced at final BOM level, we require some of the test results from previous SFG as well. Though I know that linking MIC to Batch class for the required characteristics is possible in SAP, can I carry over some of the required test results from initial Batch (i.e. SFG - 1st Operation) to next batch and so on till the final batch? If possible, then what is the process?

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly explore Certificate profile

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can accomplish this, while creating Certificate Profile.

Click on the materials tab.

This opens "Display Selection criteria and Material Sequence" screen.

This has an upper one and a lower one.

Because your finished goods has multilevel BOM, probably you have different SFGs and their corresponding inspns in the production chain. So, quote the material number and the type of inspection done.

In case you have batch management for the SFG materials/RM you can cite the Material numbers in the lower portion.

At the bottom, "Explosion level" if you don't put any number, the system will pull all characteristcs from the Batch where used list.

Remmeber: you can cite the same material number twice/ more if different characteristics are pulled from different inspections of the same material. Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try this solution and will award full points to you if it works.

Regards,

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are saying only few results recorded were needed to get to the final batch, as suggested by Fire Fighter Batch Derivation looks like the better approach. Thru batch derivation condition records, you can set up sender and receiver records and set up for which characteristics you want the results to be carried over.

And do the rest of the set up for getting CofA's as already the finsihed batches has values.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are facing following scenario in this case. Our material is single unit batch managed and as said in the starting of the post we have multi level BOM. We want to get COA from SFG as well as FG materials.

Now I will explain the different type of batches which we are using. Due to multiple processes in our industry, we are using WIP batch functionality within a material code so that production can be confirmed operation wise with accurate traceability for each product manufactured. You can ask me why we are not using material code at each level. Then we may have to go up to 17 level BOM which is hell lot of difficulty. Therefore in certain SFG material code as well as in the FG material code we are using WIP functionality. Last operation of SFG as well as FG is confirmed with GR batch.

As you may aware, we are using 04 inspection type for GR batches and we don't use 03 - Inspection type as In-process, as we are using WIP batch functionality. To clear more air, eventhough WIP batches are working within a material code, when each operation is confirmed through CO11N screen, we need to do GR for WIP batches as well. The inspection type used for WIP in the standard functionality is 05-Other Goods receipts.

In BMBC screen, I am able to view the GR batches in the same screen where as WIP batches I need to click one more tab which opens another screen in which traceability is maintained from start - end of the operation.

Now when I try to generate the COA, as suggested by Krishna Maduri, I am getting results from GR batches for both SFG as well as FG batch. But I am not getting the results from WIP batches. I have maintained the setting suggested by Krishna. For WIP bacthes, I have selected 03 as results origin in the Certificate profile as well as Inspection spec.

Now could you please explain how can I generate COA including WIP batches in the standard functionality as system has the results already.

Regards,

RP

Edited by: Ponniah on Mar 8, 2012 6:44 PM

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interesting & challenging !!

You are able to see the batches in BMBC transaction: it means SFG batches are there. Probably, you can see it in MB56 transaction also.

I think you need to maintain 03 inspn type and generate inspn lots and process them so that, the WIP batches would get their batch characteristics updated. One reason why you are not able to get the batch characteristics from SFG batches (WIP batches) is probably because of this. Please try for a material and share the information. Regards, KrishnaM

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can accomplish this, while creating Certificate Profile.

Click on the materials tab.

This opens "Display Selection criteria and Material Sequence" screen.

This has an upper one and a lower one.

Because your finished goods has multilevel BOM, probably you have different SFGs and their corresponding inspns in the production chain. So, quote the material number and the type of inspection done.

In case you have batch management for the SFG materials/RM you can cite the Material numbers in the lower portion.

At the bottom, "Explosion level" if you don't put any number, the system will pull all characteristcs from the Batch where used list.

Remmeber: you can cite the same material number twice/ more if different characteristics are pulled from different inspections of the same material. Regards, KrishnaM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Batch derivation is used for this. At various events like batch create, GR, UD it can look at previous SFG batches and copy data to the current batch. You should be able to find some info on this.

Google SAP batch derivation.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I will try the solutions provided by all of you and will come back with my answer.

Thanks for your reply,

Regards,

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create certificate profile and certificate assignment (based on the key combination).

By doing this you can get a certificate print out of both batch 1(sfg/raw material) and batch 2 (finished material)

Please go through the following link. you will get idea

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9002247f-4b7f-2c10-10ac-c6fe29807...

Regards

Hari