cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to successfuly test webservice through SOAP UI while the FM works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to EHP6. We created a few function modules through which web services were created. Now when we test the FM's they work perfectly fine whereas some of the webservices are not responding correctly when being tested thriough an external tool: SOAP UI.

This particular issue is just persisting in case of only a few webservices whereas the others are working perfectly fine. After checking all the configuration seetings (though I am sure they are maintained correctly since some of the webservices are working fine) I have tried regenerating a new service and then going about testing the new wsdl file in SOAP UI but the output is same everytime. I also tried deactivating and reactivating the FM and then creating the wsdl out of the service but nothing seems to work.

How can I test my webservice in such a case and be sure of it to be working correctly?

Kindly help out with this issue.

Regards,

Shivangi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivangi,

What precisely do you mean by the following?

some of the webservices are not responding correctly when being tested thriough an external tool: SOAP UI

Is it like you do not get any response from your web service, or an error response? Or you do receive a response, but it differs from what you get when testing the FM directly in ECC?

In the first case, make sure you have configured your web services correctly in SOAMANAGER (or WSCONFIG + LPCONFIG in case of lower system versions).

In case of the latter, make sure you use statements like "IS INITIAL" or "IS SUPPLIED" correctly, because input parameters may look somehow different in ECC when the FM is executed externally.

You might also want to put an external break point for the user that authorizes your external connections and debug the FM from there to see what's wrong. For this purpose, when displaying your FM, choose: Utilities -> Settings from the top menu, and in the window that appers, go to tab page ABAP Editor, sub-tab page Debugging and type a user for external debugging (it has to be a dialog user), then place an external break point in the code.

Hope this helps,

Greg

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

when we test the FM's they work perfectly fine whereas some of the webservices are not responding correctly when being tested thriough an external tool: SOAP UI.

You have not provided any error messages so we can only guess Since some of the webservices are working correctly, have you started/stopped the RFC receiver communication channel so that the RFC metadata is updated? Have you checked the unicode settings in R/3?

Regards,

Mark