cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errpr Logon not possible - when creating transaction for Maintenance Cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.

We just upgraded our Solution Manager dev system to 7.1 and currently testing the impact of the upgrade to our CHARM system.

We never used work centers yet so we need to setup the work centers, as the old transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER cannot be used now.

As part of testing the upgraded system, I created a new project and maintenance cycle in transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. When I choose the button to create the Service Desk transaction for the maintenance cycle, it showed a webpage with error message "Logon is not possible because you have not been assigned to a business role; contact your system administrator ".

What business role is this referring to? My userid in the SOLMAN dev has the role for "Project Manager for Maintenance Cycle".

Can someone please help me.

Thanks,

Tess

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to have SOLMANPRO business role assign to your id

simply goto SU01 and parameter as crm_UI_profile and maintain solmanpro as value

otherwise search and assign the standard role delievered by sap in pfcg with SAPCRMUI* as value

hope resolved ur query

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar.

Thanks so much replying.

I was able to fix my issue with your solution.

I tried adding the parameter - it did not work, but when I added the SAP_SM_CRM_UIU* roles, the issue was fixed.

I've awarded you 10 points.

Regards,

Tess

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks I am happy knowing your problem is solved and this is my purpose of working on sdn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajkishor10
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution:

1. Run transaction code SU01

2. Enter the user

3. Enter change mode

4. Click on the Roles tab

5. Add role SAP_SM_CRM_UIU_SOLMANPRO

6. Save

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Service Desk is basically a CRM related utility. Hence you need a business role assigned to your user.

Check tcode ppoma_crm for the org units created in your solution manager system. From within the transaction you could create new org positions and assign them to your User ID.

Please check this thread and the references in the thread for configuration steps.

Regards,

Srikishan