cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Presently we are adding freight conditions in STO and it adds to material cost in the receiving plant. Now we are implementing Transportation module. and the freight should added in the material cost from shipment cost.

Is it posible to add freight cost in to material cost and the same time I can settle the freight vendor's invoice.

Thanks

Rajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this is standard SAP functionality, the freight cost added to material cost is updated in the PO as a planned delivery cost price condition and from that point the process is working as the normal planned delivery cost (you can receive the invoice in MIRO).

This is described in SAP online help...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/83/218ad1068a11d2bf5d0000e8a7386f/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

This help file purely saying for inbound shipments..

Here I have outbound shipment, and if the item category i select A then there is no PO generated automatically.

what is the difference in A and X in the item category?

What step the outbound transportation cost is added in to the material at receiving plant? normally for inbound transportation its added at the time of MIGO, but for STO in MIGO there is no account document.

can you please help me on this.

Thanks

Rajan

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of inter-company STO, you need inbound shipment in order to be able to manage the shipment cost as delivery cost - please read OSS note 1144542.

In case of intra-company STO, no inbound shipment is needed - please read OSS note 413916.

As for settings, please read OSS note 427944, 746605 and SAP online help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Csaba,

Actually The sceario is working for inbound shipments, here i am able to transfer the shipment cost to material cost.

Do we have any additional configuration for STO's? For STO GR we dont have accounting document , then which point this shipment cos will transfer in to material cost.

Thanks

Rajan