cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP tutorial app on Blackberry simulator - EMPTY list

Former Member
0 Kudos

SUP 2.1 on Workspace & Blackberry Java Plugin with BB 7.0 JRE

I am trying to run the SUP101Sample application as detailed in the Tutorial (Sybooks).

When I run the application in the Simulator, I am getting an EMPTY list of customers. I do not see any logs that indicate any problems with the code - has anyone else faced this issue?

Thanks,

BR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can please point us to the link which you are refering too ? And if you are using GateWay check wheather its up and running?

Other way is to check the server logs in the SCC.

Thanks,

Srikanth M

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.pubs.docset-SUP-2.1.0/doc/h...

Tutorial: Developing Blackberry Applications.

I am not using DOE or Gateway as I am not connecting to SAP yet - This tutorial connects to the local DB (Sample DB) part of SUP itself. It is a simple sample program that provides the list of customer / sales-orders.

I have the BB Java Plugin (Eclipse) also installed on the same machine as the SUP CC (They are not installed in the same folder).

My question would be - how does the BB simulator connect to the SUP server (there should be way this happens, right?).

Thanks,

BR

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I recall correctly, you can open the standalone database in your eclipse environment to consult the contents.

Check if there are any records in there.

In a next step, you can open up your MBO design. Check that your getCustomer MBO is there and functioning. If you open the Customer MBO, you can do a test run. Check if the test run shows any results.

As a final step, you'll have to inspect your blackberry code to see if the MBO is properly called (you can debug it) and if you are actually using the results to display them on screen.

Maybe the output list isn't bound to the MBO results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I am not too sure where to do the "test run" (on the SUP Workspace or on the BB IDE).

Moreover, I do not think the code is missing anything because it is a step-by-step tutorial and the code was provided as a download.

I think the main problem is that my BB simulator is not connecting to the SUP SCC. I cannot ping localhost / ip / server name from the simulator. It gives a network error.

That makes the Registration on the SCC side still in the "Pending Activation' status. In all, I think the connection from the BB simulator to SUP is not working - any ideas about how to resolve this?

Thanks,

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I have gotten a little farther.

I am trying to get my BB Simulator (Sybase Settings) to connect to SUP so that the Registered application will go from Penging Activation to Online but everytime I try it gives me either a "Bad Username or Code" error in the BB Simulator log (or) a "Waiting to Connect" error (if I enter localhost in the Servername).

I have done all kinds of combinations on the SCC side and the BB side (toying with hostnames/IP etc).

Even followed this pot () and used the HWC as the App ID(although I am not using Hybrid Web Container) and still have the same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BR

Edited by: BR on Feb 3, 2012 4:12 PM