cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Pack 1 - Creation of Data Model and Operation Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

So whilst following the Guide to create a service using the RFC Generator, I discovered that for my input parameters to appear I had to "Change the Mapping Route" for them in the Data Model Generator(They hard code values in the Guide). However, now my input parameters also appear in my Output/Response structure as well. Seeing as this isnt addressed in the guide, does anyone know how to have them not appear in the output structure as well?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Link showing mapping and the generated output structure.

[http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k490/rory535/SAP/?action=view&current=mapping.jpg]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rory,

I can only confirm that this is currently the standard behavior.

The assumption here is that in most cases the search parameters would also be part of the results (e.g. if I search for an employee by last name then most likely the last name would be also contained in the result of the search). Having said that there are many cases where this assumption does not hold true.

It is somewhat confusing seeing the 'unnecessary' input parameters also listed in the output. But I don't think that it causes any problems. If you see any issues then please let us know.

I like your naming convention - with the leading 'I' it is easy to spot the input parameters. In the SP External List you could hide the extra fields.

Cheers, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex. OK, will work around that in SP.