cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy using sapinst fails at Check DDIC password phase.

former_member529388
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This isn't a new thread.. .I have seen it on this forum in the past and although it says answered... there is no solution posted.

I probably entered an incorrect password for DDIC in my system copy... I do not seem to have the correct password since I have restarted numerous times with alternative and get the same result. I know that the procdedure is good, and that this procedure works for my copy of sapinst and kernel as I have performed it with no problem in the past couple of months. My error occurs in the CHECK DDIC PASSWORD phase of a system copy using sapinst. the error is: Test logon to SAP system <SID> failed. Make sure the system is started, that the user DDIC exists. Please do not tell me to stop the install and logon to SAP as SAP*/000 as this is not possible... the system even though started is not at apoint where I can login to anything through the GUI. Is there a way to change the DDIC password through Oracle (10.2) and return or restart the copy?

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

Login to target database and update the DDIC password with right password.

SOURCE SYSTEM

SELECT PASSCODE FROM SAPSR3.USR02 WHERE BNAME='DDIC' AND MANDT='<YOUR CLIENT NUMBER';

Copy the password or value Its a long character string, just copy it

TARGET SYSTEM.

UPDATE SAPSR3.USR02 SET PASSCODE='value of passcode' WHERE BNAME='DDIC' AND MANDT='YOUR CLIENT NUMBER';

COMMIT;

Retry the Installation, It works me like gem.

Thanks,

Arjun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Logon on to the server,delete the SAP* from the USR02 Table from the DATA BASE.

now logon to the system with SAP* user and password:pass.

Reset the DDIC password,to the one u gave during system copy.

with regards,

samarth j h

0 Kudos

Hello ,

If you are getting the error in " Check DDIC Password Phase " . You have the ability to login to the system because this phase comes in SAPINST after SAPINST starts the Central Instance . You can login to the client and change the unlock/change the ddic and reenter the ddic password in SAPINST . Please let me know in case of any questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

If you are sure that DDIC password is correct then it's a known issue. Please update the kernel to latest and resume system copy. I had the same issue and resolved by updating kernel patch.

Hope it solves your problem too.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar