cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implications when changing Connection parameters in Exchange Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently we installed a new Cluster SLD system to assure 7x24 uninterrupted service from this system, although two people assures (including me) changes where done in Exchange profile for productive PI system, today we found that changes where not there and it is still pointing to the old SLD, all this changes where done with PI up but productive work stopped.

Anyway we already checked SLDAPICUST, RZ70 and SLD provider under configtool (PI 7.11) and all of them are pointing to the new SLD system, seems that none of my coworkers know much about what this configurations in Exchange Profile will do for sure and I surely don´t work with PI systems so here is my question:

Could some one tell us what implications will we get if we change this during productive hours? or should we take down all productive work in PI during this change takes place?

I´ve done some search in SDN but probably didn´t do it correctly because couldn´t find something similar.

Regards,

AC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after changes restart your system,sometimes i had faced similar problem after restarting system it worked.

Wait for other experts replay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mostly changes made in exchange profile parameter will be reflected only after server restart. Reason is mostly the properties are loaded and stay in cache during the server start. Your changes are not available in server runtime cache. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to restart integration engine if any changes were made in exchange profile for the changes to take effect.Check below details of maintaining exchange profile from sap help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/cd3b40dd6837e3e10000000a42189d/content.htm

Check below link as well for stopping and starting various tools and engine is SAP PI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/12/5dd23aaad7b3408dde3c1577fda5b3/content.htm

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu