cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Generation taking longer then Normal time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings All,

I am facing a situation and needed your expert guidance and direction - We are using one "Global" customized rule set. It used to take not more than say ~20 mins of a rule generation after a change has been made to the risk/function.

From past few weeks, the rule generation is taking about ~5 hrs approximately slowing down the system processes. I am looking at the tables and they all appear to be in their normal range of records.

I am not worried about Risk Analysis at this point. Does anyone have any inputs/suggestions that can help me in resolving this issue?

Best Regards

Angara

Angara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to provide specifications of the system: Running on GRC AC 5.3 SP 11 and backend support packs of 10 & 12. The system is installed on an I-series 400 machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!,

The first question I have to ask you is : do you install or change something in the server??

There is a guide for GRC optimization here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/90aa3190-8386-2b10-c4ba-ced67322ea6d

Also you'll find some performance issues resolved in Support packages

Note 1168120 - Risk Analysis and Remediation 5.3 Support Package (VIRCC).

Performance problems are usual difficult to find.

Anyway, For GRC 5.3 SP11, VIRSANH and VIRSAHR must be 11 and 9. 10 and 12 are for GRC SP12. Check the zip attached to the note:Note 1352498 - Support Pack Numbering - GRC Access Control:

"It is very important that the support pack level of the front-end Java component and back-end ABAP Real-Time Agent (RTA) are in sync based on the attached Excel spreadsheet which shows the compatible support pack levels. This is the only supported environment. SAP only tests and validates the GRC Access Control solution when the back-end and front-end are at compatible support pack levels as outlined in the attached spreadsheet. Please use the information below to ensure your system is appropriately patched and in synch."

I'm not saying that this is the root cause of your problem, but you have to take this into account.

Cheers,

Diego.