cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to use Charm in Solman 7.0 and 7.1 for same landscape?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone tested this? For many reasons, we are leaning toward a fresh install of Solution Manager 7.1 vs. upgrading our 7.0 system. However, we have several ongoing projects using Charm and would need to run both the 7.0 and 7.1 systems in parallel for some period of time while transitioning those projects. On any given day our Charm users create and process several Change requests/urgent corrections. While allowing them to close out existing maintenance projects in 7.0 they would need to create new changes in 7.1 for the same landscape. Is this possible? Our dilemma is determining the best way to migrate Charm projects to a new 7.1 system without too much disruption.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theresa,

As far as I know it should be possible. Moreover the transaction types in 7.01 and 7.1 are completely different. You can generate the IMG project with some other name and test.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theresa,

I have just finish implementing a 7.01 system alongside of 7.10, so yes it is possible.  The client hasn't been using it in anger yet but I have managed to complete two full test maintenance cycles in the 7.01 system and the 7.10 in parallel.

As you appreciate, you're going to have to think carefully how you're going to manage migrating information from 7.01 to 7.10.  As you know you cannot migrate change requests from 7.01 to 7.10 but you can transport projects.  It complains about there being a difference in version but it worked for me.  My client's 7.01 system isn't as widely used as yours seems to be so it is easier for us but I'd be interested to hear you progress and challenges so far.

Ciarán