cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created Materials, BOM, Plants, and DC in ECC and Ciffed to APO. I have created Tlanes in APO. Now I need to configure as per the following case scenario. can anyone please help me out with -

A) where I can define the ratios mentioned in point no2

B) I undertand I can define the priorities in Tlane.

C) Where I can define production horizon as mentioned in point 4

D) how to proceed for point no 5

E) where I can optimize for truck loads

Scenario-

1. Company XX manufactures Two Finished Products at its two Plants making use of Raw Materials and components and ships them to its DCs

2. For one product, it always sources in the ration 30:70 from its two plants based on efficient production processes.

3. For the other product, it always sources from plant 2 as much as possible and then only sources from the other plant.

4. Production plans will be created for next 6 months with a frozen horizon of 1 month during which no production is planned.

5. It plans to confirm distribution plans on a 2 week horizon based on available stock and production. It would like to confirm distribution to its three DCs in the ratio 30:30:40 for Product 1 and proportional fulfillment for product 2 with DC1>DC2>DC3 when there is short term shortage. When there is surplus, it wants to ship whenever stock is available to ship

6. It wants to optimize Truck loads for capacity measuring 100 Pallets stacked as 5 rows for 20 pallet spaces.

Thanks

ved

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

A)You can define quota arrangement in transaction /sapapo/scc_tq1 for one product.

B)As you said, you can define priority on Tlanes for the other product, but you should not define quota arrangements for this product, since quotas are respected before priorities.

C)You define SNP production horizon in product master /sapapo/mat1, SNP2 tab. You define it for the product in manufaturing plants.

D)You use deployment to acheive this purpose. You define deployment rules in product master /sapapo/mat1, SNP2 tab, for the supply plants. You use push rule to control the situation when supply > demand. I think you can use rule Q for one product. For the other product, I'm not sure whether there's a suitable rule. If not, you can use rule 'U' and coding in the user-exit by yourself. You use fair share rule to control the situation when supply < demand. Please select the suitable rule by yourself.

E)You can use TLB function in SNP. (Maybe TP/VS is also applicable, but sorry I'm not familar with it.)

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks !!

4) Production plans will be created for next 6 months with a frozen horizon of 1 month during which no production is planned.

As mentioned by you Production horizon can be defined in snp2 tab for product mfg plants, but where exactly 6 months horizon can be defined? I can see many horizon fields there like "SNP Produ Horizon, Extended SNP Prod Horizon, SNP Stk transfer horizon,Push depl horizon" under SNP Supply Profile column and forecast horizon, pull deployment horizon in SNP Demand Profile column. Secondly how to give 1 month frozen horizon?

Thanks in advance

Ved

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ved,

In this case, you set the production horizon as 1 month (this is the frozen horizon in which no planned order could be created). For the 6 months, there's no control in master data. If you run planning interactively in planning book, it will plan all periods displayed in planning book, so you just control the dataview's time bucket in /sapapo/sdp8b to set it as 6 months long. If you run planning in background (for example, heuristic in /sapapo/snp01), there always be fields for you to specify the periods you want to plan.

Besides, the extended production horizon is also used to control the frozen horizon. In this horizon, no planned orders could be created by planning, but orders can be created manually.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for quick reply !

So should I put Extended horizon as 1 month or SNP horizon as 1 month?

Can you please heklp me out about the significance of -

SNP Produ Horizon,

Extended SNP Prod Horizon,

SNP Stk transfer horizon,

Push depl horizon

Thanks & Regards,

Ved

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ved,

If you do not want to create or change planned order manually, you just use production horizon. Extended production horizon is only useful when you want to make manual changes. You can refer to the F1 help of the fields.

Stock transfer horizon is to prevent planned distribution receipts being created in this horizon. You specify this horizon instead of production horizon if the (receipt) location's procurement type is external procurement instead of inhouse production.

Push/Pull horizons are used in deployment process, when the location is supplying location during deployment. Push horizon is the horizon in which supplies are considered, while pull horizon is the horizon in which demands are considered. Please use them as following: push horizon =< deployment horizon =< pull horizon.

Best Regards,

Ada

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ved,

Just to add, as to your question: for which horizon should you set as 1 month, I think it should be the SNP production horizon.

Best Regards/Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Ada

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You will have to use outbound quota arrangements for the % distribution.

Production horizons can be maintained in SNP2 tab in /sapapo/mat1.

If you dont want any activity within first two weeks, use planning time fence so that heuristics will not change the plan during first 2 weeks.

Thanks

Amit