cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding Custom fields to the layout of the screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a weird problem .When I try to add my custom fields(Requestor Price/Currency) to the end of Item Basic data screen(Similar to fields "Price/Currency),by enhancing the web dynpro component,then all the fields above the custom fields are shifted 1 place down in the layout(Right Container).I have no clue why it is not happening?could anybody pls help me in solving this issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to enhance, you need to delete the standard ui and add the custom ui with same properties. check this article for reference: [Enhancing UI in WDA|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/700317da-bd79-2c10-368e-8f18bf5d8b81?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I don't want to enhance my standard UI elements.I need to add my new custom fields(similar to Price/Currency) fields to the layout

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mention that you are enhancing web dynpro component..!! Ok it is due to layout problem i think. Check the layout to which you added custom fields, like transparent container or group. Check the layout if it is matrix or flow layout. and change your UI accordingly.

If this doesnt solve, You need to delete the standard as mentioned in the link of first post, and recreate all ui elementa along with your custom elements.

Hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Thanks for your reply.My requirement is to add the custom fields similar to the Price/Curreny field in the Currency,values and Pricing section of Item basic data in Shopping cart.Whenever I try to add an ui element(say a label with ui element of matrix head data) to the RIGHT_CONTAINER in the layout page,all the elements in the container are getting changed.Is deleting the RIGHT containe and creating again is the only solution because it is quite a tough job to recreate again(with so many fields and ofcourse I should be careful).It is working fine in my sandpit system but not in my dev system(SRM version with latest patch ).This issue is really driving me crazy.Could you please help on this.

Thanks,

Rohini